Sonos update, able to connect to iTunes Match now?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by besler3035, Sep 2, 2014.

1. besler3035 macrumors 6502a

I have a Sonos system but am unable to test this until later tonight. They just came out with a wifi only setup, negating the need for a Bridge. http://blog.sonos.com/news/introducing-an-even-simpler-sonos/

My question is this...does this make it so that Sonos is essentially a glorified Airplay device, and can thus play music from iTunes Match? Because it's no longer creating its own network (instead using your home network), I'm thinking this may be a possibility.

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Tumbleweed666

Please do report back as I'm thinking if getting a play 1 and this would definutely be a good thing.
    Also I wonder if it I'll work with Ethernet ?

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

No. iTunes Match has an extremely limited API which makes it impossible for third-parties to do almost anything useful with it.

4. besler3035 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Doesn't look like it, sadly :( I dumped iTunes for Spotify a while back, looks like I'm going to have to keep that up.

On a semi-related note, does anyone know if it's possible to make Sonos show up as a speaker option on a Mac? I've got two Play:1's and I'd love to use these for watching movies while streaming.