Son's Messy Room Leads To Dad's 911 Call

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by themoonisdown09, May 20, 2009.

1. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Article link

Yeah, wouldn't want to damage his political career!

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Too late for that. :p

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I'm not sure where to begin.
    The 28-year-old-ness?
    The school board member being considered a political career?
    Or the fact that this is the first thing I thought of:

[​IMG]

4. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I swear if I ever have a 28-year-old son who lives at home, I'll call myself a failure.

5. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Wow. Talk about spoiled.

I lived at home when I was 28. But I was not spoiled, I kept my room clean, offered to help out with the household chores (e.g. did not have to be "told"). My parents wanted me to stick around.

I also paid my parents rent and food money, and paid for some utilities (e.g. high speed internet, satellite TV). In other words, I was living as a responsible, contributing, adult, and not as a dependent, needy child.

Meanwhile, the money I was NOT spending on living costs, I was saving, and shortly after I bought a townhouse. In a surprise move, my parents gave me back some of the rent money I had paid them, as a contribution toward my down payment. Which was pretty awesome.

6. Eanair macrumors 6502

Eanair

Wow...

You know, when I first read the thread title, my first thought was that the father saw his son's messy room, with lots of things scattered here and there, and thought a robber had broken in and had rifled through his son's belongings looking of something of interest.

Not quite, apparently.

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

My first reaction to the title-

I thought that it was the son was playing some video games, and was very well camouflaged in with the clothes/crap around in his room. And the father couldn't find him.

8. darklyt macrumors regular

Ditto. They should have just said that to save the son from the embarrassment. This is way worse than "lost son in his messy room and I thought he was missing".

9. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Not that the news article says anything specific as to what actually took place... violence, etc?

What is with all these idiots calling the police for stupid reasons. Hopefully no one had a real emergency.

10. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

For those of you dumping on the fact that he is 28, every situation is different.

In some parts of the world, you simply can't afford to move out of the home until you've been working for a long time. In some cultures, you live at home until you're married.

When my job headed to India without me a few years back, I moved in with my folks for a few months. It let me leave behind rent payments and gave me a chance to see my parents regularly for the first time in 10+ years.

There are definitely people out there that have no motivation and are mooching. That could be the parents fault for enabling it. It could just be a lazy child.