Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leekohler, Aug 19, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Anybody watch this show? I just started season 1 and I find it fascinating. Katie Sagal has to be one of the coolest actresses out there, not to mention Ron Perlman and Charlie Hunnam. I find it interesting because it definitely paints this group of gangsters in a very unflattering way, but yet I still want to watch. I find it interesting also because of the moral dilemmas even outlaws deal with.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Love this show!!!!! LOVE IT. Yup very interesting show.

3. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

It's one of my favorite shows along with Rescue Me

4. jr24 macrumors regular

it did not take long for it to become a favorite of mine; i've been watching since the very first episode aired. season 3 premieres on september 7 - cannot wait!

if you are liking katey sagal's character already, she only gets better. i've also really been liking the music they use.

i definitely get the whole deal about finding it fascinating and watching these guys and yet they do some really horrible things. i won't say any more because i don't want to spoil it for anybody, but definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet. i think season 2 is coming out on DVD pretty soon (or it already has).

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Season three starts up next month! Can't wait. I agree with the comment about it and Rescue Me. Love both of those shows.

6. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Great! For a minute I thought I was the only one. :) Looking forward to more. I'm still on season 1, so don't spoil it for me!

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I watched few episodes but I simply have too many series to follow so I don't have enough time for this, especially now as I spend 40 hours per week at school. Couple of friends watch this and say it's great so I might download it one day when I'm bored ;)

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It's definitely a cure for boredom. :)

9. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

It's a big hit amongst my friends and I. Can't wait for season 3 to start! The one thing I hate is there's way too much time between seasons!

10. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That's always the case, isn't it? ;)

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

12. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Amazing Show. I can't believe how far they can push the violence on a non premium network. The drama this show has really grabs you and sucks you in.

13. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It might become a favorite for me if it keeps going like it is.

14. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Oh it does. Let me know when you are done with season 2. There is only one little grip about season 2. Won't spoil it for you but let me know and see if you got the same feeling when you watch it all the way through.

15. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I certainly will. :)

16. jr24 macrumors regular

how far into it are you?

17. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Episode 3. Not too far.

18. tWoSour macrumors member

Man, you haven't even gotten to the best parts of S1 yet. S1E6 "AK-51" is prob my fav episode of season 1. As previous posters have said, Sagal's acting is amazing, S2 especially.

I'm interested to hear what rhett's small S2 gripe is, though I have a feeling I know what it is.

Now that 24 has finished its run, this is the best show on tv IMO....can't wait for Season 3, and can't wiat to see all the extras on the Blu-Ray in 10 days

19. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, I was looking for something new after Lost. Can't wait to see more

20. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

OK, this show is really amazing. But I have to say that Katie Sagal is the reason. She is absolutely astounding. For a woman of 56 years to be able to bring a character this sexy and intelligent to life is just beyond anything I've ever seen. She is breaking barriers for female actresses in a huge way. I recognize this and I'm a homo!

I just feel like her work on this show is breaking serious ground for actresses that is way overdue.

I was first drawn to the show by Charlie Hunnam, who was in the British Queer as Folk. Love him for obvious reasons, but also grew up on Married with Children and liked Katie Sagal as well. Never thought she could do this kind of work.

Well, Ms. Sagal, you have become the reason I watch this show despite all the hot guys. That's a major feat in my book. Keep it up. :)

21. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Almost done with season 2, one more episode.

Is everyone liking season 3 so far?

22. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It is okay for now, the story line drags a bit, but I guess it will pick up towards the end.

I have to say, that this thread inspired me to give SoA another chance and surely I wasn't disappointed this time around, though watching one episode per week may add to the dragging feel. I wish I would have discovered it later or be able to DVR it.

I did the same with Breaking Bad this year and found, that watching the last 8 episodes or so in short succession was more rewarding than week after week.

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Agreed. A far cry from 7 Rules.

However.. the thing that got me into this show was the music, and it can easily be described by one word.

Anvil.

That unknown band that spent 25+ years living for the dream and finally getting the respect they deserved? yeah, they made a couple of tracks for this show. Glad to see now that everyone is getting into it if not just for the plot and characters, but for the music as well.

BL.

24. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I couldn't agree more. At first I actually didn't like "Clay". I thought his character didn't fit. But I really like him a lot now. But it is Katie for me also. Love her character.

25. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Cool. I'm very excited to start season 3. This is definitely one of my favorite shows.