Sons tried to jailbreak ipod touch now frozen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slocough, Nov 12, 2011.

1. slocough macrumors newbie

My two teenage sons thought that while the wife and I were away they would jailbreak their iPod touches (2nd gens). Well, they freaked out and tried to unjailbreak. They were using Greenpois0n and now both of their iPods are stuck on the skulls. They both restart every 10 minutes or so and then go back to the apple skull. Is there any fix for this? They are not recognized by iTunes so I am stumped. I have tried to put them in that DFU (or whatever it is). I am running an iMac with the latest version of iTunes. Thank you in advance.

2. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

How the heck did they get it wrong, I found greenpoison to be really, really easy.

3. Crigger540 macrumors member

Crigger540

You have to go into DFU, go on Youtube, there are plenty of videos showing you how. Jailbreaking is so easy, I am surprised they screwed it up.

4. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

he said he already went into dfu mode, maybe he didn't though, just try it again

5. BrunoWill macrumors member

Connect with iTunes, and then hold on home and power button till iTunes tell you there is an unknown device need to be restore. and restore it.

6. Crigger540 macrumors member

Crigger540

Obviously he did not or he would not still be having problems. :D