Son's Videos

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jsf721, Feb 12, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

My son has made some video's over the years from when he was like 6 to now 13. Some were for school and some just fun stuff playing in imovie. He burned them to disc thinking we could just re save them to the hard drive. We upgraded to a newer imac and I would like to be able to save these forever. How do I get these back on the hard drive? These were shot by him but I think there is something keeping them from re loadng onto the hard drive.

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

What does this have to do with iOS 5?

3. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

Where should it be posted? Sorry new here. Thought is was the operating system on the mac

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

The operating system on the Mac is OSX.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

6. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I will try that.

7. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

Just to clarify, when you say that he burned the videos to disc, do you mean that he created video DVDs of them -- the kind you would pop in your DVD player and watch on TV? Or did he burn the various video files to DVD as data files?

Handbrake will turn a video DVD into a computer video file, but examine your Handbrake settings to minimize quality loss due to it recompressing your video.

8. marcusj0015 macrumors 65816

IF at all possible, simply copy the file. and if it uses H.264, you can simply remux the video adn audio into an MKV/M2TS contrainer file,a nd not lose any quality, or waste any time transcoding the files.