Sony answers Xboxs new System with a New bundle

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, Sep 16, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I am really lost how this is an answer or why there was one necessary? Sure, they upgraded the space, it's not like Microsoft upgraded processors or anything.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This is not an answer...this is a good business strategy and taking advantage of your resources. It's only natural Sony wants to promote its 1st party studios and bundle their "in demand" console with one of the most anticipated titles of the year...its just good business.

Bless

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

This is going to tempt me for sure. PS3 Slim bundled with a must-have title and a spacious hard drive, right as I'm seriously considering picking up another BR player. I could move my current PS3 to the bedroom.

Damn you, Sony!:D

6. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Looks like Sony's bundle with Uncharted 2 is better than the Modern Warfare pack. I mean, c'mon, most people who are gonna buy Modern Warfare 2 already have the console. Obviously they're going to sell much more copies separately. I wonder how many of these "special edition" bundles they make?

Sony's position is unique just because it's their own first party title, which is good business for them! So they're going to be able to attract new customers that way. Hopefully the bundle won't be much more than $349, unless they include an extra controller too...In which case they'd probably price at $399.

I'm actually really sick of these extra SKU bundles. Microsoft is really overdoing it. I still see Halo 3 bundles yet to be sold at my local Best Buy and Fry's, amongst other bundles. Most people will just the standard bundles, and buy their own games.

7. Dagless Suspended

Dagless

Yes. Like how only some PS3's will play PS2 games, and then they'll add a bigger HDD, and then release a bundle with 2 games, and then release an entirely redesigned system that removes some USB and Linux compatability, and then create a bundle with a game and bigger HDD. ;)
    They're both as bad as each other.

8. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

But the question is, who started this all? ;)

9. Dagless Suspended

Dagless

Sega. Commodore. Atari.

10. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Yesterday I saw a rumor that there were 4 new packs (in Europe). Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank... and some other ones.

11. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

New rule for next console generation: ONE SKU per team.

12. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

really not seeing the point of all this oneupmanship, buy a xbox 360 if ya brave, but get a ps3 if ya smart
    why should it matter if PS3 is being released with a 250 gig HD, people have been putting 500gig HD in there machines for years now,

personally i think sony should slow down, the race is won, blu ray trumped HD and the ps3 comes with user upgradable HD's if people are just gonna stick with the 360 on principal then there daft, blu ray is the way forward, and i dont think they will ever be a 500gig or 1Tb xbox 360, the lack and stiff control on upgrades that microsoft have offered will be it's death