Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T7

Sam I Am

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
112
0
Ann Arbor, MI
I'm thinking about getting the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T7 sometime soon. I have read some mixed reviews, but mostly very good ones. I love how it is like half an inch thick and has a large 2.5" LCD. Anyone have any opinions about it? So far I have had great luck with Sony products. And how is the Carl Ziess lens?? Thanks.
 

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
221
0
MI
I really liked it when I've played with it, but I actually just bought the DSC-T33. It is virtually identical, except it is a tad thicker (as I was told at BestBuy and also thru research). It is also ~$125 cheaper. I picked it up on Saturday and love it. The size is excellent and the pictures are great. I haven't taken anything in low light yet (the one supposed downfall), but otherwise it has been great. The battery seems to be great. The only bad part is that the memory is very pricey (as compared to SD cards). Just my $.02

Jason
 

Sam I Am

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
112
0
Ann Arbor, MI
umgolfer said:
I really liked it when I've played with it, but I actually just bought the DSC-T33. It is virtually identical, except it is a tad thicker (as I was told at BestBuy and also thru research). It is also ~$125 cheaper. I picked it up on Saturday and love it. The size is excellent and the pictures are great. I haven't taken anything in low light yet (the one supposed downfall), but otherwise it has been great. The battery seems to be great. The only bad part is that the memory is very pricey (as compared to SD cards). Just my $.02

Jason
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to know I'm not the only Sony-lover around here. :) I think the DSC-T33 is nice too, but I like the T7 better. I also notice you live near me (I believe). I love A2!!!
 

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Sam I Am said:
I'm thinking about getting the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T7 sometime soon. I have read some mixed reviews, but mostly very good ones. I love how it is like half an inch thick and has a large 2.5" LCD. Anyone have any opinions about it? So far I have had great luck with Sony products. And how is the Carl Ziess lens?? Thanks.
This question was addressed in another thread, 1 yesterday infact here it is lots of comments and thoughts on the T7, including mine(don't bother with Sony, IMO)

Thread 1
 

keithpetey

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2004
91
0
if you are gonna get it, get it from newegg.com its like 50 bucks cheaper and you can get it without tax depending on the state you live in.
 

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
221
0
MI
Sam I Am said:
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to know I'm not the only Sony-lover around here. :) I think the DSC-T33 is nice too, but I like the T7 better. I also notice you live near me (I believe). I love A2!!!

Yeah A2 is not bad. I graduated from UM in '02. I just was back about a month ago and was amazed at how much has changed.
 

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
2,104
5
I have a DSC-T1 which is essentially the same guts but in a different case.. i do love the photos that ive taken with it, but because of the small lense size i tend to notice that its not the greatest in low light conditions. I get some lense flare using flash indoors (it might also be reflections from dust particles), but overall its been a great camera.

Ed
 

dawgfang

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2005
108
15
Atlanta
I own this camera and love it. I had a V1 (which is also good). Battery life is not that great. Indoor pics could be better but in good light the pictures are really amazing. You won't think they came out of a camera that small. The thing I like most is it is really pocketable - I carry it when I would never have carried any other camera. Can't really take pics w/o a camera.....
 

Sam I Am

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
112
0
Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks guys. I have decided on the DSC-T1, because like Ed H said, it's the same guts in a different case, but only slightly thicker. I think it might feel more comfortable in my hand, but I'm not sure. However, the main reason I chose it is because it is at a much more reasonable price (the list price is $550 and I will be buying it for $285 ($295 including tax) from Digital Foto) and I find that as a very good deal. I will also be buying a 256MB card, and probably the $15 Sony case. I will be ordering it tomorrow (well, I guess that would be today now...), so I can take it with me on my trip to NYC in a couple weeks. Thanks again.