Sony DCR-SR52e Video Flicker Problem - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by kingnige, Jul 11, 2007.

1. kingnige macrumors newbie

I have been given a Sony DCR-SR52e camera with footage that people would like edited.

I have copied over the files. Since the audio doesn't play (as it is a muxed mpeg2 file) i use mpeg streamclip to convert, and then edit in Final Cut 6.

I then create a DVD in Studio Pro.

However, i am unable to remove the flickering in the video. It is there at all stages. It is not shown on the video screen on the camera, but is there on the mac at all stages (from the original file to the end dvd even when played on television).

I have tried using filters such as de-interlace and flicker reduction but these are not correcting the problem.

Would be grateful if someone could help as i am supposed to give the final video back edited next week.

Cheers

2. kingnige thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem Solved

Assume this is the same for all sony sd hdd cameras.

Used Mpeg streamclip (in batch mode) to convert all the files to DV (which only takes a few minutes)

Now i have no flicker (having chosen in Mpeg Streamclip to de-interlace the footage) and have files that final cut can edit natively (without any rendering - a bonus on my power pc g5 imac!!)

in the end not too much of a problem (and provide footage that speeds up the workflow anyway)

this will also convert the audio into a format that although needs rendering final cut can at least see is there (which is a bonus)