Sony docking ICF-CS15iPN does not recognize iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chestvrg, Nov 2, 2014.

1. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Please help me.

About a year ago I purchased a Sony docking station compatible with the iPhone 5 with the new lightning connector (at the time when vendors began to upgrade the new Apple connectors). When I got the docking station it was working great, charging my iPhone 5, also syncing the time & date automatically and interacting with the downloadable app provided by Sony in the App. Store.

Recently when I upgraded to iOS8 it all changed, when I dock my iPhone 5 it reads out "this accessory is not recognize...." it can not be, I bought this docking station directly from Sony. I even bought the extended two-year warranty in case something like this would occur.

I have almost given up calling the provided Sony customer support that they have been giving me the run around for. I have spent countless hours trying to figure this one out. Last time they pretty much forced me to go to their online customer support to send an email, where I had such a great difficulty figuring out the model number.

Well anyway, the model number of the Sony Docking Station is Model: ICF-CS15iPN. I'm proving a picture of the front and the serial number area. Please help me if any of you guys has bought a docking station like mine and has bumped into the same problem/solution situation.

Than you.

Attached Files:

2. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg