Sony DPPFP70 Photo Printer Installation

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by krijoh, Dec 17, 2007.

1. krijoh macrumors newbie

Ok, so I know (now) that the Sony DPPFP70 photo printer is not compatible with Mac. Does anyone know if there is anyway to get around this, other than just inserting my memory stick into the printer and printing without my G4 iBook (or G4 Besties, as I like to call him - he is a dear friend, after all and he so wants to be included in the photo printing process.)

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

I double checked and found it at Sony's site and they indeed don't support it for Mac in any form (as well as NEC computers as well). I then tried to find a compatible driver and struck out. I looked closer and see it's a small device that prints only 20 sheets in the tray, requires a whopping 200MB of space or more on any version of Vista, and supports only USB and not even FireWire. It has BlueTooth support at least. What value is there in it for you - it seems to be Microsoft proprietary, a resource hog and can take 20 mins to print just 20 photos.

Just wondering, not being critical of your buy - it might be worth an upgrade to the DPPFP90 which does support Mac.

http://www.clubmac.com/clubmac/shop/detail~dpno~7213945.asp

Yep, the memory stick option is from what I can tell your best option for the 70.

-jim