Sony Ericsson and Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kolax, Jun 25, 2007.

1. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

My Sony Ericsson talks to my Mac like they are best buddies. The bluetooth link is great!

However, I've not seen this anywhere (apart from Motorola phones' software); type a text message on my Mac and send it through my phone.

I could use a free-text message site, but I'm on a contract phone so might aswell use the contract to its fullest.

2. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

address book does that. however, you might need to make some modification to address book depending on which SE phone you have.

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

I had a wee play with Address Book and couldn't find any method of sending SMS texting.

How do you go about this?

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Have a look here

5. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

Ta Olly :)

£1.49 is a bloody brilliant price considering that piece of software is developed by a 3rd party.

I was expecting £19.99!

6. mpw Guest

I can text from the AddressBook via Bluetooth using my Nokia, but annoyingly I'm limited to something like 150 characters whereas I can text from my PC using the same Nokia practically unlimited amounts, I know I've done at least 6,000 characters! Also back when I had a SE phone incoming texts would pop-up on the Mac screen and be stored as the notes for that contact, I don't remember if the outgoing texts were stored. This doesn't happen with the Nokia.

I'm hoping that Leopards revised AddressBook will support the storing of texts in & out and multi-part texts, but I doubt it will as Apple seem to have abandoned trying in this area for some reason, when was the last time they added any new phones to iSync for example?

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The last updates were well before they announced the iPhone. I hope they are not going to make it more difficult for phones from their competitors to work with Macs.

8. mpw Guest

You're as cynical as me, that's what I've assumed too.

9. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

My z610i bloody doesn't ...:(

Cheers

Jim

10. andy007 macrumors regular

11. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You need one of these Jim.