Sony Ericsson and Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rph105, Aug 11, 2007.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

Ok i got my new s500i, and i cant seem to plug it in a transfer songs and pictures. when i select file transfer on the phone it doesnt appear on the mac, now i have downloaded the s500i isync plugin and all i can do is tranfer address books and contacts and calenders, is there any way i can transfer songs and pictures???

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Interesting problem. If you have a USB cable you shouldn't have a problem.

Nice phone by the way.

3. rph105 thread starter macrumors 6502

rph105

i do have a usb cable, works on pc doesnt recognize nothing on the mac, nothing comes up

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Have you just tried transferring those other files through bluetooth?

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That was my next question. Although if you want custom ringtones you need to use the USB cable ... at least you do with the older SE phones (w550, w800, etc).

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhh, yes? It seems to vary a lot from device to device. My Nokia 3650 (Symbian) and my RAZR V3 both allowed you to send the songs via OBEX, and then they'd automatically come up in the music player, where you could save them. Because of RIM's security model, my Blackberry does not allow me to send it most kinds of files via Bluetooth, or really do much at all with Bluetooth besides use a headset.

So do those SE phones show up on the desktop as mounted drives when you plug them in via USB? :)

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Yes.

Also if you have previously installed the K750iGrabber software you should remove it and restart the Mac.

You could also try USBFileEnabler (download). It was made for the SonyEricsson M600i because the M600i identifies itself as a communications device causing OS X not to mount it but if can't hurt to try. It basically lets OS X see the phone as a Mass Storage Device.

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If you check MacUpdate or VersionTracker, you'll see what I've seen. There are some Sony Ericsson add-ons that show up once a week that will probably do all the extra bits you want.