Sony handy-cam HDR HC3E to mac OSX

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MacUser001, Mar 6, 2010.

1. MacUser001 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have a HDR HC3E sony camcorder, when i connect it to my apple mac OSX using a firewire cable the computer doesn't seem to even notice it is there. I was thinking that i needed to install a driver of some sort, can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Some more information is needed.

What Mac and what Mac OS X version do you use, and also what software do you want to use to capture the footage? iMovie?

iMovie should recognize most tape based camcorders anyway. Are you sure you set the camcorder to PLAY/VCR and not CAM/REC?
    Have you looked into the manual of your camcorder to see if you have to enable some kind of DV/HDV OUT via i.Link?

Have you recorded in the DV or HDV format?

What are your settings in iMovie (if that is what you use to capture)?

Have you tried capturing via QuickTime Player?

3. Hmac macrumors 68020

You don't mean you're just plugging the camera in and looking for it to show up on the desktop, do you? You need to use a video editing program like iMovie to capture the camera's contents.

4. dajopas macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem. Im on a MBP with Core i5 running MacOSX and I still have the same problems. I have i.LINK to FireWire 800 and every other cord and its still doesn't work. HELP!