Sony Handycam DCR-HC35E

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by alexprowse, Dec 29, 2009.

1. alexprowse macrumors newbie

Hi All
    Having had no problems for a couple of years with my Sony Handycam, coming back from a trip, I decided to download the film to my mac book pro and guess what it has decided that the camera does not exist any thoughts?, if I pull the fire wire out from the back up Lacie which I am using as I cannot put the Fire Wire into Mac Book Pro the mac tells me that "I have not disconnected the device properly?" So it is obviously seeing but not taking the transfer. I have done the usual switching off the Handycam reseting the clock any thoughts battery out? I have also tried with my old eye book with the same problem.
    I use i Movie as the application.
    Any help would be much appreciated:apple:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post.

Have you looked into the menu of your camera if you have to turn the DV-Out (Sony might call it iLink) on?

What MacBook Pro and what Mac OS X version are you using? Also what iMovie version do you run?

I assume you can't connect the camera directly to your Mac because you don't have the appropriate 9-to-4-pin FireWire cable?

By "eye book" do you mean iBook?