Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedivulcan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2007
I tried to feed footage into the Log and Transfer in FCS2 to edit AVCHD using an HDR UX1 I got a while back. I get this message. "Media from DVD based AVCHD cameras is unsupported with this version of Mac OS X." I suppose this is an ongoing problem. Does the new iMovie '08 have better support. If it does, I'll dump FCS2 and get the new iLife suite.

Also, after knowing that HDAVC was supported in a recent update for FCS2, I started filming with that format versus MPEG2. Anyway I can salvage what I've taken with HDAVC without having to shell out for more hardware?

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Update Final Cut Pro 6 to the latest version and it should have full support for AVCHD. From memory I believe that it is a different work flow though to standard DV / HDV etc although I could be wrong as I am still using FCP 5.1.4.

YoYoMa

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2006
FCP 6 supports AVCHD? When did this happen? I can't get it to recognize the .mts files.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Hmm maybe it's the other ¨new¨ format I was thinking of. I always get confused between the DVD and HDD formats :(.

Edit : Ah yes I was right.

New in Final Cut Pro 6.0.1 Update
Improves overall stability, resolves issues with long filenames on non-HFS systems, includes improvements for both FxPlug plug-ins and master templates. Log and Transfer support for the AVCHD format.

Edit 2 :
FCP 6 supports AVCHD? When did this happen? I can't get it to recognize the .mts files.

About two or three weeks ago maybe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.