Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Salasm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
surrounded by mods
Go to the US Apple Store and do a search for hdr-fx1 and you'll find the HDV camcorder selling for $1995, roughly $900 off it's normal selling price.

I called the Apple Store and the rep said it was not a typo. They most likely clearing inventory in time for NAB, but it's a sick deal. If you're looking for a great HDV camcorder, now is the time to buy one.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I've been planning on buying this camera for a while now - its nuts that its so cheap - no one else has it that low. Seems like a mistake....

I'm going to have to buy it, I think :D

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
So I noticed that the thing is currently unavailable - did anyone see it recently when it was available?

D

Salasm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
surrounded by mods
First heard about it at 10 am EST. The Apple Store had a 1-3 days shipping on it. Read ebayers snatched most of them up; one guy bought 60.

Like they say, you snooze, you lose.

NYVideoGuy

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2006
I heard about it this morning. I RAN for my wallet !! Mine says it will ship on Monday. I thought it was a mistake, but I figured what the hell. The price is too good to pass up.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I've got to wait until May for mine - but, as you might notice, its no longer available at the store.

Apple removed it from the store - very odd. Makes me wonder why/what happened.

D

NYVideoGuy

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2006
Well that was too good to be true. They cancelled my order. NO email, no phone call. Just cancelled it. :mad:

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
i cant find it anywere on the apple store, no sony cams at all on the us store. perhaps end of lined.

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
I called my apple store and they said that they were also sold out, the guy said they were also selling the demo...but it already sold.

So if anyone has an apple store near them, I would give them a call and see if they have any in stock at this price.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
babyjenniferLB said:
i cant find it anywere on the apple store, no sony cams at all on the us store. perhaps end of lined.

I think it was a mistake and they pulled the thing from the store. I wonder if anyone got one at that price.

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
So does anyone know what happened?

I emailed Apple about the cancellation - I'll post a reply.

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.