Sony HDR-SR1 to iMovie, Jumpy Clips. Need Help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MacGoose, Apr 26, 2008.

1. MacGoose macrumors newbie

I'm using a Sony HDR-SR1 video camera to import footage to iMovie, clips import alright. Everything seems to be all ok, but every 20th or so clips is jumpy, like every second frame is mixed or doubled, not quite sure . The audio is fine.

Iv'e tried importing same clips a second time by themselves, one at a time. Still jumpy.

Has anyone had this problem or knows what the reason is?:confused:

2. rgauss macrumors newbie

I can confirm this exact behavior with an HDR-SR7.

Clips on the camera seem fine, definitely seems to be an issue with the import process.

3. teamiowa macrumors newbie

Sony HDR-SR1 jumpy video

I have the same results and have yet to find a solution. The local camera store "bench tested" my camera and was able to direct burn the bad clips direct to dvd with no video distortion. I also used a friend's Mac (with iMovie 08) and the same clips were video distorted. I spent an hour at the Sony camera store and another hour on the phone with Apple support and basically Sony has said "there's nothing wrong with our/your camera - it must be your computer" and Apple has said "there's nothing wrong with your Mac or iMovie 08 software - it must be your camera". In the meantime, I'm a frustrated customer who spent $3000 on two electronics that don't get along. Best advice I've come up with is either (a) buy a PC and keep the Sony or (b) buy a different brand camcorder that gets along with a Mac. Ugh.