Sony HDR-SR11 doesn't show all clips in iMovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by RagnarDann, Jun 16, 2011.

1. RagnarDann macrumors newbie

I am borrowing a friend's video camera - it is a Sony HDD Handycam HDR-SR11 - and for some reason when I hook up the camera to the computer, only one clip comes up in the iMovie import window. There is about 3 hours of footage on the camera and I need it very badly.
    I have another friend's camera - a Sony HDD Handycam HDR-SR7 - and it hooks up perfectly, no problems at all. In fact I have imported about 25 hours of footage with that camera.
    However, the SR11 shows only one clip available for importing.

I would greatly appreciate some help with this, I don't know what is going on and if it is the computer or the camera.

I am running OSX 10.5.8 with iMovie '09.

Like I said, there is no problem with the camera being recognized, the problem is that none of the other clips are shown in the iMovie import window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-RagnarDann

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

It's a harddisk cam, is it? Did you try to copy ALL files on the drive to your desktop first, then import them into iMovie?

3. RagnarDann thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not sure how to do that, I have looked in the camera's file and I haven't seen any .Mov clips or anything that looks like a video file.

4. De Rocca, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

De Rocca macrumors member

5. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

If you have SD footage on their mixed with HD, you wont be able to import. Found that out the hard way with my SR11. Import your SD footage first. Then delete it off your cam. Should be able to recognize your HD and import.