Sony HDR TG1

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ianprovo, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ianprovo macrumors newbie

I have just bought the Sony HDR TG1. When I try to connect to my iMac, iMovie does not recognise it......until after about 30 minutes!!!!! iPhoto boots up but that is all. I have tried disconnecting, booting iMovie before the camera, turning the camera on before booting iMovie....you name it. Nothing. Then after sitting there pulling my hair out for 30 minutes.....it detects the d*** thing!!!! HELP!!!!!!

2. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

When you put the cam in the dock and usb connect to your Mac are you selecting USB Connect on the cams display?

This got me as I was used to HDV where you just plug the fireware cable in an away you go.

Once thats done iMovie should detect it and it takes a couple of mins to generate thumbnails but it will give you a message for this. Once done your ready to download the footage.

3. ianprovo thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes......I do that. Absolutely nothing happens. I just have to sit and wait, usually around 20 minutes, until the box "Camera Detected- Scanning" appears. Very annoying. Is there a setting on iMovie I have to adjust????

4. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Weird. No setting that I know of.

Can you see the memory stick mount on the desktop before this and if so can you browse it OK?

5. ianprovo thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. The memory stick is definitely mounted and I can browse it. :mad::mad::mad:

6. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Jee I dunno :confused:

If it mounts and you can access it, and it eventually lets you get the footage of then the cam should be fine. Maybe its iMovie having a fit? Not sure mate.

Good luck in solving it, sorry I can't help any more than that.

7. ianprovo thread starter macrumors newbie

No worries. Thanks for your help. Maybe there is something wrong with the memory stick? I will try with a different one. But as you say, the cam is fine......just a pain in the a**