Sony ICF-C7IP Clock Radio Review - quit working

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by robertpetry, Mar 23, 2011.

1. robertpetry macrumors 6502

Feb 12, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    At first I really liked this Sony clock radio.

- nice looking
    - great sound for the size
    - excellent screen
    - lots of features

- too light, lifts off the nightstand when I try to take my phone out. So 2 hands required typically.
    - buttons scattered all over the front, top, sides, back. It can be confusing and very hard to touch it w/o hitting a button or two!

Still, I really liked it until recently. I have had it for 9 months and it has now started losing it's connection with the phone over night. I will plug the phone in when going to bed. Make sure it is connected and charging, and set my alarm. About 1 in 5 nights it loses it's connection somehow and the phone quits charging. So when I get up it is at 80-90% charged instead of fully charged.

Not too big of a deal EXCEPT that when it is set for the alarm to play the iPhone/iPod and it is not connected to one, no sound is made!!! The screen flashes that an alarm is going off but there is no sound! I have over slept several times now and have to quit using the alarm feature because of this. Very disappointing.

I called Sony and their advice was to unplug it for 60 seconds and try it again. Uh, yeah.

Only a 90 day warranty so now I am looking for something else.
  2. Rayfire macrumors 68030

Aug 25, 2008
    Aw that sucks. I've had mine for two years already and still the dock connection for the iPhone is working well and charging pretty good. I hope you get yours resolved.