Sony is set to have a Record Month in Sales

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, Dec 1, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Sony is geting there Final numbers in and early reports are saying this is Sonys bigest Month since 2007 and is set to sell atleast 1 million units

Black friday numbers are saying out of the next consoles the PS3 was second behind Wii and reports are not good for the 360 this hoilday season to

here are full details

http://www.ps3center.net/news/4130/sony-on-track-for-record-breaking-november/

2. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Yes, of course. Older systems will now start showing their age. MS needs to start releasing information in the Spring as to their next system...

Nice to see Sony starting to become popular - obviously with the slim system at $300.

We need more games though. I only have a few and use mine as a BR player...

4. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

More games? I have plenty of ps3 games, most of them are exclusive too (i get cross-platform games on my pc 90% of the time).

Sony should be able to keep their momentum next spring with games like Gran Turismo 5 and God of War 3, arguably the most important games this generation. Combine that with Quantum Theory and Heavy rain and i dont see Sony slowing down for a long time.

5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

What? The 360 is nowhere near finished. This generation of consoles (with the exception of possibly the Wii) will likely last longer than any previous generation (9+ years). They were both too expensive for Microsoft and Sony to develop and market to not remain their primary consoles for years to come.

We're stuck with the 360 for at least the next three or four years, likely longer.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Really? Is this just fanboy speak just as a Nintendo fan would say Brawl and Galaxy are the most important, or how a Microsoft fan would say Gears of War and Halo 3 are the most important?
    As a game playing fan I really dont think there has been an important game this gen. They're all just evolutions of whats been before with some new things chucked in. I think the most important thing this gen has been the whole online side of things, rather than it being a game.

7. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

God of War is the highest rated series of games ever, and GoW III is going to be the last (probably) in the series. Unless it gets a low score, which looks very unlikely, it is going to be the pinnacle of the highest rated series ever made.
    Gran Turismo is the racing game. Forza is great, NFS is great, but GT is the best. It always has been and always will be. GT has always been a huge reason many people even buy a Sony console. Just look at how ambitious the game is: 900+ cars, 70 tracks, Nascar, Rally....

I love SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Gears, and Halo (and own a copy of each), but i dont see any of those making an impact on the industry in the way GoW and GT have and will. You are free to disagree, but backing up your point with "OMG FANBOI!" doesnt really explain anything.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Really? I played the PSP version and it was pretty poor. And how many games have they made, 3 so far?
    What about the Half Life series? HL1 and 2 are both in the 98% rating bracket (and by extension The Orange Box). Or Zelda with it's many, many titles above 90%? The same can be said for Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Mario (if you cut out Sunshine :p), Modern Warfare, GTA series.
    http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html, I don't actually see God of War in there.

Total opinion, which is why I mentioned "fanboy". I have GT PSP and played a few hours on GT5 Prologue but I always went back to other games. Now I've got GRID (bought on Steam last week) I don't think how I could go back to them 2. It just felt like driving around pieces of indestructable lumps of metal.
    So I'm confused now. Are you counting individual games or series? GoW isn't original enough to make an impact since a lot of its gameplay can be found in Zelda titles. I see it more as a tweaking and altering of the genre to suit a different crowd, something without the lasting appeal of Zelda however (a 20-odd year old series). Doesn't stop them being individually great and fun games.