Sony loses Europe PlayStation boss, again

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jaw04005, Apr 15, 2009.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe CEO and President, David Reeves has "retired". This marks the second high profile departure from Sony Europe in the last few years. Former SCEE executive and Worldwide Studios boss Phil Harrison resigned in February 2008.

SCEE's chief marketing officer, Andrew House, will take over Reeves' position. House said his main focus for SCEE will be growth in "networked entertainment."

SCEE is Sony's second largest studio that's responsible for SingStar, Buzz, EyeToy, PlayStation Home, PlayTV, Wipeout, Killzone and MotorStorm among other franchises.

Rumors are swirling Reeves' departure was more like a resignation, and he'll be taking up a position at Realtime Worlds. Realtime Worlds created Crackdown for Microsoft Game Studios.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/15/andrew-house-replaces-david-reeves-as-president-of-scee/

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

3. jaw04005 thread starter macrumors 601

jaw04005

I don't know, but Sony has problems particularly in North America and Europe. Reeves is just the latest executive to jump ship.

They've lost Ken Kutaragi (Sony Japan boss), Corrado Buonanno (SCEE Italy boss), Kevin Jowett (SCEE marketing boss), Phil Harrison (defacto SCEE "creative" boss, Worldwide Studios boss), Paulina Bozek (SCEE executive and SingStar boss) and David Reeves (SCEE boss) just in the last two years.

4. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Aha! This is my perfect opportunity to take over European PlayStations!! Muahahahah!!!

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Sony has no issues in either region.. This is just another case of people making something out to way more than what it really is. I don't see any "problems" you speak of, more just someone that would like to compare things that may or may not have anything to do with each other and then make not-so-smart assumptions.

6. ZunePod macrumors regular

7. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Recover from what? This means nothing to the brand nor anything else that would affect gamers. This is quite simply a man retiring, nothing more. People need to learn how to accept things for what they are and not try to make false assumptions by reading in to them for more than they need to.

8. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Yikes.

I'm getting worried for Sony now..

:p:D
    Nah