Sony MDR-V700DJ Headphones

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pisces03x, May 30, 2009.

1. pisces03x macrumors regular

Okay, I've been looking at these headphones for some time. They seem to be pretty decent, anybody have them and if you do can you tell me about them? (comfortable, sound quality)?

Thanks a million :]

2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Had them
    got rid of them

sound isnt all that great. good for bass stuff like techno or hip hop
    but absolutely sucks at vocals and classical music.
    and the 10 foot cord is a little over kill.

Got a pair of Technics instead that sound much much better.
    especially if you are using them to DJ/mix.

for the amount of $ the sony ones cost , get a diff brand.

3. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

That's why they're 'DJ' headphones .. unless you're mixing classical music at a nightclub :p

I love the MDR 7509 series - I have 3 pairs for a couple of years now, and only use those for mixing - don't induce ear fatigue - yes, they're expensive but well worth it imo.

The DJ series are a bit fragile - I remember a few of my DJ friends complaining that the ear part would break off in a few months - not sure if they fixed that issue but just be aware of it.

4. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Some nightclub music has vocal parts, these headphones suck at those tracks.
    when you compare them to another brand in same price category . you can really notice they sound difference.

and no they still havent fixed the fragility issue, still break when you look at them the wrong way :)
    yeah you can probably tell I dont like them.
    try these versus the technics then tell me which are better , BTW the technics are what a majority of real DJ's I know use.

5. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Don't get any DJ headphones from sony, the quality of the sound is actually quite nice for hip hop, but the build quality is absolute crap. I can't even take mine to school because I am afraid of them breaking, they also make a really loud creaking noise when they move, so that it bothersome. Get some good quality headphones that would last a while, Shures, Audio Techincas, Etymotic, Trance. Go to a headphone forum such as Head-Fi for some good reviews on headphones.

6. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

get sennheiser headphones. they are guaranteed to be great quality.

7. pisces03x thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the advice! =)
    I'll take your advice and not get them.

Now I've been looking at the Beats by Dr. Dre headphones... any good reviews on those? =D

8. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

You can get much better headphones for the same price. Look at Trance, Etymotic, Shure and Audio Technica, in that price range you can get amazing headphones

9. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Been there, done that. Moved on to Sennheiser HD280 and HD555.

10. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Uncomfortable. You can do better. The MDR-7509 mentioned above is one example although it tends to be unreasonably expensive, also the Beyerdynamic DT250-80 has a similarly mild-mannered sound but is more comfortable.

11. FX120 macrumors 65816

FX120

If you're looking for something like the V700's, only less fragile and a better sounding:

[​IMG]

12. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

There's also the Sennheiser HD25-1 Mk whateveritis. I like mine.