SONY MICRO VAULT Not Recognized??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wchristian2, Aug 11, 2008.

1. wchristian2 macrumors newbie

Well I'm a bit perplexed. I have a 4 GB SONY MICRO VAULT I have used for the past few months with my work PC. I have recently purchased a Mac Book Air (Fully updated Leopard 10.5) and decided to use my MICRO VAULT with it as well.

When I plug the micro vault into the MacBook Air the computer does not recognize the drive. The computer simply acts like there is nothing in the USB plug at all. I then decided to try and use it on my Mac Mini Core2Duo (Fully updated Leopard 10.5) and it also failed to recognize the drive. Tested it again and my work PC still recognizes the drive fine.

Any suggestions or recommendations on what may be the cause or solution?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Go to your utilities folder (command, shift, u from the desktop), and find USB Prober. See if you find something like this (I also have a Sony Micro Vault, 8GB.

Attached Files:

3. wchristian2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I cant seem to find the USB prober. I went to the utilities folder, but no luck, any other advice? Is there a USB prober in leapord??

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

oh that is my bad, it must be a developer tool. You can try opening up disk utility and see if you can see it there. if so, manually mount it onto the desktop.

5. wchristian2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I found the problem, one of the pins in the Micro Vault came loose. It just started not being recognized by my PC and after looking at it I realized the issue. I took all my info off of it but its pretty much garbage now. I bought an 8 GB that ill have to be more careful with. Thanks for the help.