Sony RDP-X500IP speaker-dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by deeddawg, Nov 21, 2011.

1. deeddawg macrumors 604

Anyone try one of these, the Sony DRP-X500IP? -- more to the point, anyone able to compare against Bose Sounddock II?

I'm looking for a decent speaker dock; it must have actual docking ability (for others in the household) though I'll use an Airport Express for Airplay support if need be. Despite some people's negative opinions of Bose , the Sounddock II is my fallback if something else doesn't present a better price/performance/ease-of-use combination. Ease of use is *critical* on account of other users in the household not being tech savvy.

Music preferences are wide ranging, but performance in jazz/classical/newage is of greatest importance.

Thanks.

2. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I haven't heard the Sony or the Bose, but I have the Beatbox and love it, so that would be my recommendation. Amazon has it for $288 right now.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371309,00.asp

3. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

Thanks, I did glance at the Beatbox and it seems to be a great unit. I'm sure it's better in several aspects -- however it's size relative to the smally Sony or Bose units would earn it a quick veto from the local Chief Decorating Officer. :D