Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glenm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
Is there anyone that can convince me in moving to Mac Book from the current computer Im using right now- Sony SZ laptop. The Sony is ok but Im looking for a relaible fast which a friend of mine telling me the MB is faster and cost less. And I kinda bit hesitant bec Im using Windows at my work place and Im used to it. But what interest me is that I can use Windows in the Mac Book if I decided to buy the MB. Please need help.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Lets see

Compare the two

One runs just windows. One runs OS X as well as the crap known as windows.

hmmmm not that hard of a decision right there. :rolleyes:

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
If you aren't doing 3-D gaming, you can run Windows without leaving OS X (instead of rebooting). See Parallel's website. This program will run Windows, Linux, Dos, etc., in virtual machines, giving you access to your OS X apps and Windows apps at the same time. If you aren't doing heaving graphics work, I think you will find it a bit faster than the Sony. I use Parallels to run XP under OS X, and it is fantastic. Highly recommended.

BTW, if you do want to play the occasional 3D graphics demanding game, you can have a Parallels install of Windows to run your day to day stuff, and a Boot Camp install to run those games at native speeds directly in XP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.