Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DryEyez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
UK
So I was browsing my local adverts on gumtree and came across this tablet which I have now purchased. 9.4 inches of the sony tablet. Beautiful display. All for £150...brand new and still in its original box.

Used the ipad extensively, but I have to say I am really enjoying this tablet. Zero lag and it came preinstalled with a few playstation games...hooking up my ps3 controller took less than a minute.

If you are in the market for an android tablet I definitely recommend this as an ipad alternative.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Is it on ICS? I know it came with Honeycomb.

I don't know I remember when it came out and I had a Xoom at the time and the specs where a touch better on the Xoom except the Xoom is a GED so it gets the latest updates from Google. But the tegra 2 is fairly dated at this point in the game.

Glad you enjoy it though. Does the ps3 controller connect wirelessly with the Sony UI because that would be cool? That requires rooting on other devices....

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
So I was browsing my local adverts on gumtree and came across this tablet which I have now purchased. 9.4 inches of the sony tablet. Beautiful display. All for £150...brand new and still in its original box.

Used the ipad extensively, but I have to say I am really enjoying this tablet. Zero lag and it came preinstalled with a few playstation games...hooking up my ps3 controller took less than a minute.

If you are in the market for an android tablet I definitely recommend this as an ipad alternative.

That should be a main selling point of Sony tablets, ability to play some PS games. Obviously, PS2 and PS3 games are out of the question (no tablet or phone has the hardware neccessary), but ps vita, psp and ps1 games are all fair game.

DryEyez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
UK
Is it on ICS? I know it came with Honeycomb.

I don't know I remember when it came out and I had a Xoom at the time and the specs where a touch better on the Xoom except the Xoom is a GED so it gets the latest updates from Google. But the tegra 2 is fairly dated at this point in the game.

Glad you enjoy it though. Does the ps3 controller connect wirelessly with the Sony UI because that would be cool? That requires rooting on other devices....

Yes alln sony tabs are oin ics right now with ota update. The controller can natively be connected. You have to use a lead just to sync it, but after that first time completely wireless. The tablet also has the ability to charge the controller.

I dont think its unrealistic to find other second hand/new sony tabs for the same price.

I will be enjoying this for at least the next 12 months

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Yes alln sony tabs are oin ics right now with ota update. The controller can natively be connected. You have to use a lead just to sync it, but after that first time completely wireless. The tablet also has the ability to charge the controller.

I dont think its unrealistic to find other second hand/new sony tabs for the same price.

I will be enjoying this for at least the next 12 months

Why would you charge the controller with the tablet? Then you'd eventually have to charge the tablet so it's kinda like which do you feel like charging right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.