Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by danakin, Mar 11, 2015.

1. danakin macrumors regular

danakin

So here's what I'm thinking.

I currently have a Nexus 5; owned it since late 2013. It still runs quite well and I have no real issues with it. Sure, the camera could be better but that's pretty much it.

My situation is that, with an unlocked device, I'm enjoying the contract free life. I'd like a new phone in 2015 but don't feel I need to spend between $700 - $800 for a new phone. European pricing suggest the M4 Aqua will be under $400 unlocked.

I'm thinking that with a SD 615 (64 bit), the same RAM as my Nexus, the same display size but 720p, better battery life, and a better camera the M4 Aqua could/should be my next device.

Do my assumptions about performance, improvement over the Nexus 5 sound reasonable? Of course the reviews - from real reviewers like GSM Arena and AnandTech (The Verge is opinion and has lost the tech plot) will be an important factor.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

2. ozaz macrumors 65816

This one of the main reasons (perhaps the main reason) I use Android instead of iOS!

As to the M4 Aqua. I quite like the look of it and would probably consider it if I needed a new phone today. But perhaps consider the OnePlus One, the Moto X, and Huawei Honor 6 as well?