Sony Xperia P, S and U

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac.World, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Yes, this is an Apple forum, but Sony has just introduced their new phone, tablet, and music player with one feature I found very interesting. A Transparent element near the bottom of the screens that changes color. I can only assume that they are using this to give visual notification for emails, tweets, rss feeds, or whatever. Something like this will be very useful for the hearing impared or when you need to have your phone in silent mode, but are waiting on an urgent email.

See images here: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13970_7-57385408-78/sony-shows-off-stylish-new-xperia-p-and-u/?tag=cnetRiver

http://semcblog.com/images/Xperia_U_1.jpg

Too bad Apple didn't come up with something like this.

2. Timzer macrumors 6502

Very interesting. The Experia P has a Aluminum Unibody design. Quite nice. And you know for sure all of Sony's phones will have excellent cameras.

Check out the aluminum construction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj0q5O59D2E

Too bad Sony will never make a Windows Phone. Although, I think Playstation and Xbox Live can get along just fine on one handset.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

4. Timzer macrumors 6502

Well if you have a 4S, I hope you don't bother with the camera on it. ;)

5. thenerdal macrumors 65816

6. Padraig macrumors 6502a

7. Timzer macrumors 6502

Just looked at all the new releases at MWC 2012. And MWC 2012 feels a little bit of a downer all because one particular manufacturer decided to pull out. SAMSUNG.
    It seems they will be holding out their big guns for their very own event just for their highly anticipated GS3, and who knows what else. Hopefully a new high end Windows Phone.
    Nonetheless, even with Sony, LG, and HTC bringing out their best, Samsung still seems to be the one everyone is talking about and holding out for. Quite obvious why they are getting the full brunt of Apple's lawsuits.

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

depends. Samsung seems to of learned long time between announcements and release is a stupid idea and instead lets get them close to the event. Samsung is still at MWC just they are not making any big announcements.

An example of a long delay really sucking is the LG thrill that was announced at MWC or something around that time that people really liked but it was not released until August which by that point it was a meh phone. It went from what would of been a great phone to a meh by time it was released.

9. Timzer macrumors 6502

Yes, I should have been more clear. I meant they wont be giving a press conference. Yes but they do have a display floor. Galaxy Note 10.1 should be interesting.

10. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

sony? they are still around? well, I know they are buy probably for not much longer, very, very messed up company.

11. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Actually i'm more impressed by HTC offerings than Sony Xperia models.

12. DroidRules macrumors 65816

The phone itself looks ok but the bar is fugly IMHO. To each his own though.