Sony Xperia Z2 - GSM Arena review

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by danakin, May 16, 2014.

1. danakin macrumors regular

danakin

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I was offered a trade for my s5. I'm concerned about the over heating and the fact that in superior auto and scene modes the camera only shoots in 8 megapixel.

3. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

i saw that too over at XDA. But have you seen the images taken with SA? They are quite good. Someone with your keen eye/ability and beautiful surroundings could take some breath taking photos....
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2673226&page=23

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

5. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

Lol... You know you're going to do it.... :)

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just arranging it now... will likely be after the weekend. See what you did ...... at this rate will there be any phone that we haven't collectively had :D

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

The Xperia Z2 is very tempting. Good looking device. Looks smooth.

8. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

LOL...i knew you really didn't like the S5. But the Z2 might have everything you need...water proof..great camera.....great build quality. It has wireless charging built in as well. Sony makes a wireless charging dock that uses magnetic connections much like the Apple MagSafe for the Macbook pro. So you don't have to deal with removing the flaps to charge the Z2...checkout these cables....

http://dx-box.com/new-aluminum-magnetic-usb-charging-cable-adapter-for-sony-xperia-z1-compact-xperia-z1-xperia-z-ultra-xperia-z2-xperia-z2-tablet.html

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Still concerned about the overheating and possible resale value, I've decided to hold back rather than act on impulse. I do that too often, I will venture into town tomorrow and try it for myself before committing to swapping.

10. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

It only overheats recording 4K video longer than 2.5 minutes. For any other reasons, it's pretty rare. I love my Z2 and have had no issues with it.

11. jamezr, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014

jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

The price on the Z2 has gone down on Amazon and ebay. They are in the $700 range now. I want to wait to see what the LG G3 has to offer before I get the Z2......... Then after that i will slow down on the phone swapping for the summer.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah not worried about 4k recording so that's good, what about gaming for example - no problems there? No heating / force close of apps ?

Other question, can things like Sonys what's new thing be disabled ?

13. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

No problems with gaming, none of that force closed, stuttering etc.

Can't disable What's New but you can Force Stop it. It doesn't really affect performance anyway. It has 3GB RAM unlike the Galaxy S5 and the M8!