Sonys Motion controller Due Spring 2010

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, Sep 23, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Sony annouced tonight at the TGS that the new motion controller will be ready to go this spring and they are currently showing off at the TGS games that will work with it right now they have Showed off Little Big Planet RE 5 and announced that a new Specail edition will be coming out as well. Also just announced that the following Eyepet, flower, High Velocity Bowling, PAIN and more will be getting updates as well

here are more detaied pics.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/23/ps3-motion-controller-confirmed-for-next-spring-finally-ready-f/

2. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

And here comes the predictable wave of casual games... :rolleyes:

As long as the "real" games don't suffer from it, I don't mind. Just not a big fan of waggling controls myself.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

[​IMG]

Oh no that's not the final design.... I pray to god that's not the final design.....

It looks more and more like a glowing dildo than anything else, and I'm sorry but when your in your front-room jostling with one in each hand you are going to look absolutely ridiculous.

At least nintendo's looked liked a remote. It was unoffensive and less embarrassing.

But a glowing effigy sticking out of your hand as your getting your kicks ?

Err NO SONY. NO@!!!!! People do have some taste level and a looking like an arse threshold.

4. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Eh, I think it's a step up from the prototype.

But yeah, it looks like the bastard child of a dildo and a cheap microphone.

That said, people are gonna look like idiots no matter what, spastically waving silly sticks around. :D

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Good! It's butt fugly but it'll do. Some of the most flat out fun games I've played have been on the Wii. Really hope they do this right though and not make it some skippable bolt-on feature, like Home.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

7. MacMonster1985 macrumors member

At least it looks better than the derivative M$ Natal garbage.

8. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Who really cares what it looks like? If it works well, it is comfortable to hold, and if there are sufficient buttons placed in the right places, who cares if it looks like Mr. Microphone?:p To me, the more sculpted shape looks to be more comfortable to grip than the Wii remote.

9. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Good for Sony for back-porting motion controller compatibility to a lot of their older games (Flower, Little Big Planet, PAIN, etc). Now, as long as they don’t try to sell each motion controller for $49 (like their keypad, the DualShock 3, etc) … will be good.

However, TGS was sort of a let down this year. Nothing really new compared to Gamescom or E3. No PS2 or Dreamcast titles in the PSN store, no UMD to PSP Go transfer device or program, etc. Everything they mentioned we already knew about (GT5, motion controller). Kind of boring, really.

I was hoping for a firmware announcement to compete against Microsoft’s upcoming Zune, Facebook and Twitter update. At this point, I guess we’re never going to get feature parity with the 360.

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^The convention is not over yet....new games can still be announced. I don't care about the motion silly crap...I'll have to use it myself to take it serious but I'm hoping that button in the middle of the wand is a rocker that can be moved in eight directions.

Demon's Souls did great winning some sort of critics award and receiving some positives reviews all around...I think we found the sleeper hit of the year.

Bless

11. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Still better than Natal. Natal looks very expensive... :(

Anyway, hopefully that isn't the final design of the motion controlller. Looks like it'll be easier for developers to port Wii games to the PS3, compared to Natal. For some reason, I think Natal is going to be an epic fail, due to the lack of a controller/remote/object. Although I know you can "scan" objects in Natal, it just doesn't seem "natural". But that's just me. :p

At least Sony's got the best of both worlds, a motion controller + camera... ;)

I just hope the industry isn't completely moving to motion controls. Damn you Nintendo for ruining regular controllers!

12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Why didn't they make it Wii-remote shaped, but have the top part glow blue?! Did it have to be all curvy, glowy, sex-toy shaped?

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nintendo and Microsoft do too. Natal can be used with a controller and Nintendo have the Classic Controller.

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Trust me I do not think nintendo would have had any success with the wii if the wii-remote looked like that!..

Most people do not want to look like they are holding a glowing black dildo in their hands, except maybe in their bedrooms ;)

Somthing looking expensive isn't a problem. If M$ can release it at sub $150 they will sell like hot cakes. Remember you only need NATAL. With Sony you need Motion Camera and two controllers (as some games will require two, and if you have more players, you need more again.....

The price difference will be negligible between them, and I'd rather pay for somthing that looks classy. Not a lump of plastic tack!

Most of the industry insiders think the opposite. They perceive the lack of physical controller to be a huge advantage and opens the door to a much broader and wider audience.

NATAL in that sense (lack of controller) is far more revolutionary than Sony or Wii motion controllers.

Whether it works or not however is a big ? However from developer community we have not heard anything to point that it doesn't and therefore we should remain optimistic.

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Theres also a big portion of the industry scratching their heads about Natal and wondering what the hell to do without a controller....we'll have to wait it out or actually see these things in game action(not that phony MS E3 gig or Sony's tech demo)

I still think and hope this motion controller thing stays a secondary option to gaming and never become the main control scheme(sorry Wii but it just doesn't work in every game)

Bless

16. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Have the haters here looked at the E3 tech demos? This thing looks amazing...

As for Natal, there's a huge input lag. Right now it's really bad, and one of the key members of the Natal team said they're working hard to get it down to 100ms... 100ms is still too high for action games.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I saw the videos and it looked good, it's just how well implemented it gets into upcoming games. This isn't like the Wii where you're guaranteed everyone has a Wii remote.
    But there's lag on Natal? 100ms, bloody hell. I guess I won't be using that after all (ever played an action game at 100 ping? All precision goes out the window.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I saw the videos and it looked good, it's just how well implemented it gets into upcoming games. This isn't like the Wii where you're guaranteed everyone has a Wii remote.
    But there's lag on Natal? 100ms, bloody hell. I guess I won't be using that after all (ever played an action game or FPS at 100 ping? All precision goes out the window).

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's not haters of the idea or the technology.

We hate the way the peripheral looks. Simple as.

20. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Hopefully that isn't the final design of the controller. And Sony, PLEASE release another controller/remote with an analog stick akin to the nunchuck. I don't want to hold a Dual Shock on one hand, and the motion controller to the other hand.

Just took a look at the Natal footage on IGN, and I have to say, the lack of a controller makes the person playing look even more retarded! :p I thought people with a Wiimote looked retarded, but Natal takes it to a whole new level. I'm still iffy about Natal's approach.