Sony's video download service?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Jul 15, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

So when do you think this will be up. I'm guessing it will be like the Qore launch. It will happen way later than expected at about 3am. But once it does launch who's gonna try it? I might test a rental tomorrow to see how it compares to my Apple TV but in the end this might be a seldom used alternative to when I just can't find anything to rent on Apple TV.

2. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

i want to try it out. i keep checking to see if it's up. i actually played a video game (nba 2k8) today for the first time in over a month.

3. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

4. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Nice, thanks for the tip. I just wish there were more rentals. Not just buys.

5. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I was hoping I could access the service with my American PSN account, but it doesn't seem to work. :mad:

6. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

7. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

What? :(. I don't know but it worked last night. Haven't checked.

8. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

I just don't like the PS3 GUI. It's not as intuitive as the Apple TV or Tivo. I'll stick with those for now.

9. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

i wanted to show a friend, but the tab wasn't there anymore. :rolleyes:

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Is there a problem with PSN in europe ? I'm having real trouble signing into my account :eek:

11. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

This will be my backup for if I can't find anything on Apple TV ;).

12. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm testing it now. Just giving the video some time to start downloading a bit. It was pretty pain free but the minimum amount added to the PSN wallet is $5, so if I buy a rental for $4 I am forced to pay $5. But anyway, then when I do a couple of rental I will have some cash left over to buy something else.

13. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

It sucks..... during the keynote they claimed that you could download and watch videos at the same time. Well you can't. Almost immediately when I start watching the movie it switches to pending. Then when I stop the video it switches to downloading. So I let it download for a while. Came downstairs to notice that it disconnected from PSN and stopped downloading. Sat there to make sure it downloaded and now I'm just going to wait until morning. The worst part is that you can only watch it for 24 hours. So since I already started it at about 7 I have until 7 to watch it. I can't just watch it tomorrow night....

14. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Supposedly, using a proxy, you can also access the store from outside the US.

However, I have no idea how to do that. :confused:

15. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

Sounds like something else I know...:rolleyes:
    :apple: Rentals = Major Suck

16. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I'll have to agree here, I rented a movie last night with my :apple:TV and after it started all I had was a white screen... So I let it completely download.. and all I had was a white screen. Apparently this is a issue that quite a few people have had with the movies on iTunes. I reported the problem with Apple, lets hope they refund me otherwise i paid $4.99 to rent a white screen generator.

The 3 movies I've rented from the PSN store have been perfect, I have been able to play while they are still downloading, and no white screen effects that I got with the iTunes rental.

17. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow, total opposite for me. Every time I rent something on my TV I can start it in 1 minute and it plays perfectly.