Soon to be a first-time 15'' MBP owner!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by toonarmy, Jun 22, 2009.

1. toonarmy macrumors newbie

So on Friday I ordered my 15'' 2.53 GHz standard model Macbook Pro for starting college next year, and according to FedEx will be getting it at around 10 AM on Wednesday. This is my first Mac after years of PCs and I am very excited and really can't wait until Wednesday! So my question is, do you have any tips for a first time mac owner? Anything I should expect?

Thanks a lot!

2. lavinci macrumors 6502

I am also a first time mac owner from pc and have the 13" one for college too.

I would suggest just playing around with the mac for a day or two just to get the hang of it from the interface. There is a learning curve after all the time spent on windows but it is a very fun machine to use after a while.

Also, I would get ms office 2008 because I'm sure most colleges support mostly the windows os and use ms office too.

3. toonarmy thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I was intending to get some form of office

4. lavinci macrumors 6502

did you get the mbp through an edu discount? I got office with a discount through my school's bookstore.

5. toonarmy thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i got the education discount for the MBP, but my dad has office for vista, so im going to try downloading the trial version of office for mac, and then using the CD-key from my dads vista version, and hopefully that will work. if not then another education discount, haha