Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sv2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Hello :)

I am a soon to be new Mac owner, finally about to make the jump from XP, and I just have a few new questions

1) Airport Extreme - is it included? It is listed here in the specifications, but not in my order confirmation.
50fp4x.jpg

Also, the router is xbox live compatible correct? I heard people had issues with it wirelessly, but I'm fine with a wired connection as long as I don't have any problems.

2) Ram - I only bought 1GB of ram for now because I heard Apple overcharges for it quite a bit. So where is the best place to buy 1 2GB stick?

I think that's it for now. I'll update the thread if I think of anything else. :cool:

cheekybobcat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
U-S of A
Airport Extreme does not come standard as it is a router. However, an Airport card is standard in all current Macs with enables wireless internet use with any wireless router.

As for your RAM, macsales.com has upgrades of all sorts for you to choose from.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Airport Extreme does not come standard as it is a router. However, an Airport card is standard in all current Macs with enables wireless internet use with any wireless router.

As for your RAM, macsales.com has upgrades of all sorts for you to choose from.

Airport Extreme is NOT a Router. Airport Extreme is basically just Apples way of saying 802.11N. The iMac comes with an Airport Extreme(read 802.11N) card standard. The Router is called an Airport Extreme Base Station, and is sold separately. But the card in the iMac will work with any 802.11B/G/N Router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.