Sooo, no ones excited about the Crackle app?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Blakjack, Apr 19, 2011.

1. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

... and the only person who IS, isn't even excited enough to post more than one character? ;)

I have it on my Roku, downloaded the iPad one, but haven't actually tried it yet.

2. Casey- macrumors newbie

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I downloaded the app today. I was very disappointed. Poor video quality and navigation. Ads dominate the UI.

4. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

I think the app is awesome. I haven't had bad video quality on my ipad with wifi or my iphone with 3g. I really don't see anything bad about this app. Considering all the stuff is free it's really great.

5. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Next time you post, please don't use a single character as the body of the post. It's annoying.

7. chrisc983 macrumors member

It's not too bad. It's like hulu but for more movies and free. It would be nice if it was AirPlay enabled but I can always connect to tv via hdmi adapter.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Compared to the Netflix app the quality is sad.

Spot on. It's very much like a mix between Netflix and Hulu. I'll watch a few ads for free movies and great old shows.

My biggest issue is that it doesn't seem to work with the composite out cable.

9. Blakjack thread starter macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Get over yourself.

10. Blakjack thread starter macrumors 68000

Blakjack

You are lame. ITS FREE!!

You must have been spoiled as a child.

11. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

I've got so many streaming apps now for my ipad ... netflix, hulu plus, Xfinity (which includes pretty much all of the HBO stuff), PBS, ABC, etc ... not to mention my pogoplug with my favorite TV shows, movies and my entire MP3 collection), it's getting harder and harder to impress me with something like this.

Now if they included the entire Seinfeld catalogue with all of the seasons as opposed to just a select few, I might change my mind.

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

What are you talking about!? I said, "I'll watch a few ads for free movies and great old shows." How does that make me spoiled?

If you're talking about my single criticism, just because it's free doesn't mean the devs don't want to know what they can improve. Grow up.

13. MrMinor macrumors 6502

I am enjoying this app. It is a little buggy though. I have started videos and they start then jump to the middle or end or sometimes there is no video or the audio is jumpy or doubled up. Those are thing I expect will be fixed soon I hope. My only other complaint is that there is only one ad. If you are going to force ne to watch ads (which I am fine with for a free app like this) then at least have a variety of ads. It is pret pointless to continue to watch the same ad over and over again.

14. Smoothness macrumors regular

you're right it is free, i completely forgot. I have netflix and hulu plus, as well as Roku box. so none of those movies impress me or interest me enough to watch. the ones that are, i think are on netflix already.

15. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

One thing I noticed with this app is that it is leaving location service on even when I exit it. I can just turn it off but it is something I shouldn't have to do.