Soooo I'm unemployed now..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OscarTheGrouch, Oct 1, 2007.

1. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

And you would think I would have time on my hands...

But of course not.

Friday my wife (pregnant) comes down with something- cough, sneezing runny nose, fever of 101, etc, so I spend the weekend taking care of her like I should. In the process she pulled a muscle in her shoulder also so she can barely move on her on.

Yesterday, my daughter decided to twist her knee at church, so instead of calling her parents first, the church calls EMS and they take her to the emergency room. I spent my afternoon there, then came home to take care of her and my wife.

Does it get easier? NO!

I wake up this morning, my son puked in his bed last night, and of course didnt tell anyone, just slept on the floor, and my wife is still in pain, so I get to drive her to the doctor this afternoon, and spend more hours in the doctors office.

Who said being unemployed was easy?

2. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Aaah! Forget the unemployed part, it sounds like it's hard just to be a husband/father! My first is due in February, and I'm wondering if this is what is to be expected!

3. Roric macrumors regular

As someone who has 4 kids, ages 20 months to 10 years, I can definitely say your new one coming in February will be nothing like the OP's weekend.

You see, his family can talk to express their needs and will sleep through the night. Your baby will only know how to smile and cry. It will be up to you to determine if the cry is because of hunger or a messy diaper or something entirely unknown. And the smile could be happiness or just gas. :)

Congrats on the new one! And to the OP, things can only get better...right? I mean, you don't have a third child that hasn't yet developed a problem?

4. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Well, if you had a job still you'd have all of these responsibilities plus a TPS report due on your boss's desk by 4:30 :D