Soooo... When are we getting the next firmware?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knowlege Bomb, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Okay before everybody starts whining about me not searching, take into consideration how DRY the ongoing topics are right now.

So what do you think? Personally I'm far past sick of the current version.

(Funny that everytime I get on here to complain about the firmware I get the little screen dance while I'm typing.)

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It will be out, when it is ready. That could be tomorrow, or in a month. Programming is part art, part insanity, so it really could be anytime.

TEG

3. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Something tells me this is not the case. *cough 2.0*

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Within the next couple of months. Maybe in september at the same time as the refresh of the iPods.

5. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

next big one when push is sorted out. though i wish we could get something soon to straighten out the lag in the SMS keyboard. the last was apparently suppose to fix it, but not for me.

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

2.0 at least worked. Most of the problems are just cosmetic problems, not major issues. If the build didn't work, they couldn't ship. Also, they are on 2.1 beta 3, so I suspect they still some minor bugs they are working through.

TEG

7. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

middle to end september is when 2.1 is SCHEDULED to release. That being said, it won't be released on the same day as refreshed iPods and MacBook's because Steve Jobs said it was stupid of them to do that on July 11th and it'd be stupid to do again.

Though it would be ok in this sense...since no ones activating there MacBook's..so releasing it firmware and hardware on the same day in that sense wouldn't cause problems *ahem* iTunes server

8. thomasfxlt macrumors 6502

As much as Apple would like to clear up the "3g reception issue" asap, the updates are a real pain for users. It's a double edged sword. It's great that they do them but too many too frequently and people will think Apple has lost control (maybe they have??) Anyway, I suspect if 2.1 is scheduled to release in the next 30 days or so, they will wait. If 2.1 will linger, expect something sooner to squelch the Infineon/Apple/ATT reception issues. JMO

9. ebony macrumors regular

The firmware will be released before the next incarnation of the ipod touch.

Hopefully Steve will blind us all with how good the new touch is, and we will all be pleased with how fast the firmware is, and the jobs reality distortion machine will be complete, and we will all be able to forget what a steaming pile of s**t version 2.0 and 2.01 is.

When the iphone 3g was announced - I did think it funny that steve never got one out of his pocket and showed us it working live..... now we all know why ! Version 2.x is a disgrace and makes me ashamed to use the phone in public.