iPad mini Sooooo cute...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tillsbury, Nov 1, 2012.

1. tillsbury macrumors 65816

Popped into a shop in NZ on my way back from town, had a little play. Just like an ipad, but so much cuter than you imagine it will be... The folks who say you should hold one to see how good it is are right. I *very* nearly bought one (plenty in stock), but since I already have more ipads than humans in this house I managed to control myself... I will probably end up getting one though, just for fun...

2. Mercuric Oxide macrumors 6502

I totally thought this was going to be about the young guy in the "Official iPad sales begin in NZ" thread

3. tillsbury thread starter macrumors 65816

4. DreamSTi macrumors member

5. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

This thread makes me feel less manly for buying one.

6. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Kind of like (men) walking a toy poodle? lol

7. tillsbury thread starter macrumors 65816

No problem. I have ipad1/2/3 and rMBP. The screen isn't retina, no. You can see the pixels. Held next to a rMBP it looks a bit old-school. Held next to an ipad2 or 13" Air it looks really good (I tried).

To me, the size, weight, and finish quality are the key issues (and I was surprised how good all of these were). Sure a better screen would have been nice, but not at the expense of weight. I would be happy to use one. I so nearly just got one for fun, but I have already passed my ipad2 on to my wife and ipad1 on to my son, and have a spare ipad2, so there is a technical justification issue going on. I may well still go and buy one anyway, because it's so cute...

Next to the ipad mini, all the other (about 10-12 non-apple tablets) on the display felt like plastic bricks. Sorry, but they did. The mini is so much better than you expect it to be from the specs.

8. zackify macrumors member

I agree lol

9. BaBaBoooooooey macrumors regular

BaBaBoooooooey

Pumped up more now. thank you!

10. tillsbury thread starter macrumors 65816

It is all very confusing. It used to be that a man wanted everything he had to be the biggest one, EXCEPT with mobile phones (it was only cool to have a tiny phone). Then all of a sudden a year or two ago you had to have the most huge phone in the pub otherwise you were a leper. Maybe with the mini it will all be about small again...

11. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

That was exactly how I felt when I went from MBP to MBA. Thinking about picking one up tomorrow morning before work since the size and portability factor is super appealing to me.

I also have a Nexus 7 (really enjoy the size) and iPad 3... definitely sensing a MBP/MBA deja vu moment soon!

12. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

now i have to go to apple store to look at one

13. pasadena, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012

pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

Yes, but then they'll say it was for their wife or kids :cool: :p

14. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

15. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Uhm I think OP is a dude. Which means Apple can sell cute to everyone. I even think its cute.

16. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I have to agree. The build quality is excellent. This thing will be wildly popular. In Hong Kong now playing on one.

17. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Just for my information :D on how many iPad's can one have...How many of them do you have ? :)

18. tillsbury thread starter macrumors 65816

Why thank you. I don't think I've ever been called "a dude" before... :D

19. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Is that because you aren't one or just haven't been called that before? Lol

20. MS2083 macrumors regular

Soooo Cute ??

uhm... how about Sooo Ugly with that low quality display and same old hardware as the iPad 2 !!!

I'd rather get the Retina iPad A6X..

21. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

haha you're so going to get attacked for this response. ;) luckily I'm one of the people who demand retina everything.

22. tillsbury thread starter macrumors 65816

Bit of both, probably. I'm a bloke, but to UK/NZ ears (at least of my age) "dude" would have to refer to a Californian surfer, looking somewhat like your avatar I suppose...

23. EmaDaCuz macrumors regular

I will get mine deliverd this afternoon, but I went to the retailer and played with it. I have to say that this iPad Mini is amazing! Build quality is superb, it looks extremely cute and the scrren is much better than what I expected. To be true, I had very low expectations and I did not want to buy it (too expensive, "meh" reviews about the screen). I held it in my hands and fell in love with it. Instantly. Bought.

24. iJohnnyG macrumors member

I've just got home after wait (from 06:30 - 08:00) for Apple to open at Metrocentre, Gateshead. Wow, I'm officially in love with it. Everything about it is beautiful.

25. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Retina is over hyped, I have the ipad 3 :(