Sophos for Mac, Norton Internet Security 2011 for Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Translator, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Translator macrumors newbie

Hi! I'm new on this forum, but have already found many useful tips and great advice through forum searches. THANK YOU to everybody who asked and answered questions, your help has been invaluable.
    I bought my first Mac (iMAc) a few days ago, and I am also running Windows with Parallels.
    I installed Norton Internet Security 2011 for Windows, and I also need to install an antivirus for the Mac side, most likely Sophos. (Yes, I know that many people are convinced that a Mac antivirus is unnecessary, but the nature of my work requires it). Does anybody know whether this is a safe bet (that the two antivirus programmes running on the two different platforms are not going to interfere with one another in any way)?
    I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Yes, your setup should be fine

I personally would have chosen Microsoft Security Essentials and left it at that
    And since your work requires something on the Mac side, Sophos is probably your best bet, or ClamXav

3. Translator thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Thank you very much for reading my question and replying so quickly, MacDawg. I really appreciate your help.
    All the best,
    Translator