Sorenson Squeeze compression causes sound to be not in sync with video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by psaad, May 22, 2008.

1. psaad macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

Here's my problem.

After compressing a .mov file (2GIG) using the following modified preset in Sorenson Squeeze:
    .flv VP6_768K_Stream
    Frame size: 640x480
    Display Aspect Ration Policy: Letter Box
    Drop Frames to Maintain Data Rate: 90
    --> I also tried with 20 dropped frames and even disabling that features and it still happens

My resulted .flv file's audio and video, when added in a flash file as a new (Actionscript-controlled) video, is not well synchronized.
    Its starts synchronized and a few seconds after, the audio is unsynchronized from the video.

This happens when I play the flash file locally, its not even on a web server yet.

If it helps understand my problem:
    The original .mov file was generated from an After effects edit I made. I compressed it into a .mov file using the Add to Render Queue, using the Animation preset for the Video Format. I made sure to keep the same fps setting at Medium quality.

But again, this issue does not happen to my original .mov file.

Did anyone encounter that issue when compressing a .mov file into a VP6 flv at 768k stream ? If so, do you know of a way to compress it so that sound and video always stay in sync?

I am using a MacBook Pro 15.4inch
    Sorenson Squeeze 4.5.3
    Flash CS3

Would appreciate any help possible.

Thanks.

Patrick

2. Squeezeuser macrumors newbie

3. psaad thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats the problem you're right... i end up using Adobe CS3 Video encoder... worked like a charm.

Thanks a bunch.

Pat