Sorry...another battery thread but I need a little help...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mikepepe86, Jun 3, 2015.

1. mikepepe86 macrumors regular

Ok guys and gals sorry for another battery thread but I'm a little curious and have read a bunch of the existing threads but am still left with questions.

Second full day using my Apple Watch and iPhone 6 in tandem and I'm getting absolutely horrible battery life on both. Currently it's equating to about 10% an hour on each device. Leaving both devices dead around 11hrs of use. My Apple Watch made it barely 11hrs yesterday till Power Reserve came on. My phone had to be charged halfway through the day.

Today so far is the same thing. Every hour I'm losing about 10%. Usage metering seems pretty accurate. I'm really not doing anything extreme on these devices. Normal notifications, some Siri, texting, maybe the occasional mapping, or Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, no calls on the AW and no workouts.

I suppose this is only the second and half day I've had it so maybe things even out with more time? I couldn't find the thread where some people were saying there was some sort of restart protocol on both devices that's been done that seems to help and reset?

Really love both devices but right now it's not feasible to use them all day which is definitely an issue. My ip6 used to have like 30% battery left over at the end of the day. I don't mind some drain for a new Bluetooth device but that seems really excessive. Also I do not have the AW App open in the background. Amy replies would be appreciated. Great community here btw; been a long time reader of MR and just joined the forums this year.

2. leeingham macrumors 6502

I did what someone said yesterday about resettting the watch. TOok it off this morning about 9 and its currently on 59% so very similar to yesteryday so gonna try day 3 and see what happens

3. jmh286 macrumors member

jmh286

That does seem excessive. I play around with both my phone and watch all day and usually have 30-40% left on both at the end of a 14-15 hour day. I would make sure you don't have a ton of location services running in the background unless you want them to, and I have my watch set on the middle brightness setting.