Sorry.. another which iPad 2 case question...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ajo, Aug 31, 2011.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

There are too many to look through, so some advice would be good as I'm not sure of all the brands etc.

Basically it will be for my Mum who will be mainly looking at photos and web browsing on it.

I would like a case that gives good protection as it will be doing some traveling, but isn't too big and bulky. Most of the time it will just be in the home. The smart covers look great but something that protects the back will be nice.

So as its for an older person, it doesn't have to be anything overly special. Just some protection with not to much weight/bulk and won't rub off and damage the screen/back.

Any help will be great.

2. glen e macrumors 68030

yeah - the khomo off amazon - 20 bucks

3. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but I can't find this in the UK store.

4. waterson1986 macrumors newbie

Yoobao Executive leather case 3v for ipad 2, only 6oz, auto sleep/wake, mag closure. There should be someone selling it in UK.

5. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Amazon are, It is defiantly the V3 on their site according to them as well as I emailed them a few days ago to check before I ordered one today.

6. treeoflife macrumors member

I would recommend the Griff leather case. I purchased one for my aunt in Australia as she got her new iPad2. The price is pretty decent for the case being a leather quality. I know my aunt will not invest in a case for herself, so I ended up getting her something that will last her a loooooonnnnng time (or at least I hope so). The International shipping cost wasn't too bad.
    I did some reading and here's a link to a review I found for this item.
    http://www.gadgetmac.com/gadgetmac/2011/7/20/sgp-griff-leather-ipad-2-grip-case-review.html

7. jsh1120, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

jsh1120 macrumors 65816

I believe the Bear Motion brand is identical to the Griff (without the Griff embossed brand name). It sells on Amazon for $20. It's extremely tight fitting and you may have some difficulty getting it on the iPad the first time but you won't have to worry about it falling off. The leather is high quality over a very stiff polycarbonate back protector.

http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Genuin...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1314823690&sr=1-2

Note that there is another Bear Motion Case with an attached cover for the screen. This one is designed to protect the back and work with the SmartCover.

8. sexytabitha macrumors regular

so much cheaper at www.chinao-usa.com

9. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Is this your site? All I ever see in this case threads is you advertising it. Plus if you had read the thread you would see that the OP is from the UK and the shipping prices from that site to the UK are nearly as much as the cost of the case. $29.95 + $29.50 for shipping = $59.45 which in £ is around £37. The same case from Amazon in the UK is £25.93.