Sorry for my stupid question again. can not figure out MBP or iMac.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ceshimm, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ceshimm macrumors member

Sorry for bad expression.
    MBP 15' GT330M 512 VRAM or
    iMac 27' 5750 1G VRAM

Reason i love MBP over iMac: portable (not like 13',but still,it's a laptop)/multi-touch trackpad (loving it after tried my friend's MB)
    Reason i love iMac over MBP: powerful/wireless keyboard/bigger IPS screen
    iMac is about $83 Australian Dollar cheaper than the standard res MBP(HI RES is $127 more)

Me:
    I do not move much, but thinking of might be better if i can move in house or occasionally bring it to visit friends.

I do not need too much power, just enough to play Diablo3 will be fine. how much difference between a same setting game (Diablo 3 like game) perform under 1440x900 by GT330M 512VRAM and 2560x1440 by 5750 1G VRAM

I think my hand is not fit for magic mouse or not very comfortable, but the wireless keyboard is not bad.Maybe add a magic trackpad is a good idea, anyone have experience that is the magic trackpad as good as laptop's trackpad in using? someone say it's too sensitive.

iMac is just updated and MBP is about half way to next update... is there any chance next update will bring more powerful GPU or APPLE use same GPU for two updates in history.

Which one is better for me?

2. Argon21 macrumors member

So what are you asking? You want us to dictate to you, what your preferences are? :confused:

As for future Apple products and release dates, nobody on this site knows.

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

4. ceshimm thread starter macrumors member

yes, i am asking about people in my situation will choose MBP or Imac

5. Argon21 macrumors member

Buy a Dell.

6. ceshimm thread starter macrumors member

I hate DELL and won't buy any DELL products in my life, seriously. That's why i come here for APPLE product help

7. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

iMac will do it better, cheaper, and likely faster than the MacBook Pro, but at the cost of portability. MacBook Pro will do it portably, though not as well as the iMac since the graphics card is inferior. The MBP is no slouch, but it's not nearly as strong as the iMac, obviously.

So, you need to ask yourself what's more important: Portability or Power?

8. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I think he was being sarcastic. I wuld get a MacBook Pro. The notebooks have more tht enough power (I'm guessing here for you) and they are portable.

9. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

i had this dilemma too, the thing is was the imac has better performance bigger screen, for about $100 less than the MBP but I looked at the MBP gaming performance over youtube and it was able to run most games and I understand, not on high, but what sold me was the portability of the macbook,

it all comes through personal preference I am sure that the MBP will be able to run Diablo 3 when it comes out, dont expect settings on ultra though lol my MBP runs starcraft 2 on medium-low and medium textures (id probably get high if i didnt have 256 vram) but it looks just as great

10. ceshimm thread starter macrumors member

Hope so, Actually, extra power to me is only about game(or D3), everything else i do are all basic. Once it could play D3, than i have nothing to worry about. i would rather gambling this time. Do you brought HI RES or STD RES?