Sorry if already asked or posted, 3G Data Plan 1500 text

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Hi, I just had a manager at AT&T tell me that the new 3G data plan will include 1500 text and for 40.00 it will include unlimited text. Is this true?

She seemed to know a lot about the new release etc. She also graduated from the University I work at so she is going to hook me up as much as she can which is cool. I am just curious if this is already stated.

I sold my Ipod Touch 16GB today so I am ready to roll with this new gem. I actually put the Ipod to my face like it was a phone and it felt weird. It's going to feel a little odd for a while using the Iphone I think since I have had the touch for close to a year.

2. angel1286 macrumors member

no one knows for sure if the data plan for the iphone 3G will include any kind of text messaging package. att has not been to forthcoming with many details but has said that for unlimited data it will cost $30 a month. most people believe that there is no included text package which would mean an extra $5 for 200, $10 for 1500, and $20 for unlimited.

3. zildjianfan macrumors regular

I called AT&T yesterday to get my credit pre-approved for the launch and the person I talked to said there is no included texting and that it would be $5 for 200, $15 for 1500, and $20 for unlimited. She seemed pretty certain about this, but then again, when I asked if there was any update on the time it would be released, she said it isn't official yet if it is coming out on the 11th...

4. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

I would have to say she didn't know much of what she was talking about, that phone is coming out on the 11th.

I am going to believe the girl I talked to for now, hey if there is no facts why not pick a winner. She really sounded confident about what she was saying though. What a cluster F of information on ATT's part.

5. zildjianfan macrumors regular

Yeah I was a bit confused when she said it may not come out the 11th, and I know that it will. As far as the texting goes, though, I believe she is right for the same reasons everyone else is saying...the iPhone plans will be the same as the other smartphone plans, which I hate to say is fair (other than the fact cell companies rip you off as a general statement).

6. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I hope it's true. I won't hold my breath for it and I won't cry if she's wrong, but it would sure be nice if she ends up being right. :)

7. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

we can only hope that att will make a special situation for the iphone, and include the 1500 texts... Hell, I'd be content with the 200 free texts the old iphone got. The odds are that you will have to pay to add on texts. However, you never know what att is willing to give up, in order to get even more people signed on with iphones. I am just struggling with all these people that think they know the answer. As far as I can see, we have every source of info that they do right now, so where are they getting these wild ideas. If what people were saying was universal, I'd go along with it, but were getting so many mixed messages.

8. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

I just couldn't believe her clear cut answer. She claims the 10.00 extra is partially due to the added text to the plan.

Who the hell knows. I do know that I asked her a few times, like "are you sure, I read online blah blah"

She is waving activation fees for me and I am able to use my 20% work discount. This girl was really friendly, like told me to just text her or call her whenever. Again she just likes to hook up fellow employees and students where she went to school. I guess, I really could give a crap to be honest. ;)

Anway, I'll pay whatever. I NEED a phone now because I am abusing the snot out of my verizon work phone, and I just sold my Ipod Touch so my favorite little gadget is gone. Damn them for not releasing this in June.

:apple:

9. ljump12 macrumors 6502

Your missing the signs, she totally wanted you.

10. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

can i get her number? i want free activation and 1500 texts too.

11. saDeRmac macrumors regular

............................. Stop the presses... a manager thinks that she has more pull than a VP of sales... there is no way that she could pull the $10 unlimited txt pkg off... thats normally $20 and we can't change prices on the billing system... no way at all........... she might be able to put the 20% IRU FAN discount on the account but I'm not sure whether its that drastic...

12. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

so....are you dating yet?

13. MV ROB macrumors member

Last time I check IRU discounts are only on the actual rate plan. If you have a 59.95 family plan, it will only discount the percentage off of the main line which is 49.95. The discount doesnt apply to all the add ons. My FAN discounts 18% which on the 3G iPhone would work. Granted I dont qualify for an upgrade and dont plan on paying full price for the 3G phone, seeing as I need two of them. I bought the first iphone when it was first released but sold it 2 months later being annoyed with all of its limitations and short comings. Granted 2.0 will fix alot of it. Im just hoping that what Steve Jobs stated that no one will pay more than 199 or 299 will be the case. Id be also be happy if it ws $30 for unlimited internet and 1500 texts

14. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

If she said is true, I'll buy it on the first day. If not, I'll still buy it on the first day. Either way, expect the worst. If you get more, it's a bonus.

15. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Uh... I think the confusion is... that's the CURRENT plan.

Right now, for $30, you get unlimited data and 1500 texts. For $40, you get unlimited data and unlimited texts. For $20, you get unlimited data and 200 texts.

Sounds like she just doesn't know anything about the NEW plans and was speaking about the current ones.

16. UCLAkers macrumors member

damn! sadly, I think you're right. I was a bit hopeful after reading the thread til I got to your reply lol. sucks. whether or not $30 for unlimited data is how much current 3G users are paying, have the decency to at least give us 200 txts w/ the new data plan AT&T!! blehhh. where's that petition.. :D