Sorry If This Has Been Asked.....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Brett1203, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

But now that I have the watch, when a text alert comes to my watch my phone no longer vibrates to tell me I received a text as well, I did a quick search on here but wasnt sure if this is a glitch (Maybe one that will be addressed in the first software update)?

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It should be:

- Not wearing watch, phone notifies you.
    - Wearing watch and phone is locked/off, watch notifies you.
    - Wearing watch and phone is unlocked/on, phone notifies you.

3. Beechy macrumors member

Beechy

Agreed. This is exactly how I would expect it to work. However, it would be nice to be able to configure this via the Apple Watch companion app. Not everyone has the same preferences.

4. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Thank you so much to both of you, that answered the question perfectly

5. Kent01 macrumors 6502

When I get a notification, whether it be email, text, call or Tinder it only shows up on my Watch. The second I unlock my phone it only appears on the phone which is great because it preserves the battery life of each other this way.

I do wish there was the ability to have alerts perform on both.

6. flur macrumors 68000

So, theoretically, if you're wearing the watch and you get a notification, your phone won't vibrate/beep and the screen won't light up? This seems like it will save me a decent amount of battery (I get a lot of notifications).

7. Cabby macrumors regular

Correct. And the best part is that the notifications are still on the phone when you go to it, it just doesn't notify you if you get it on the watch. Assuming you don't dismiss the notification from your watch, in which case, it won't be on your phone.

Having this configurable to always receive on both would be nice at times, but I'm pretty happy with it as is. I'm able to be aware of the notification and not dismiss if I want to address it later on my phone. When I go to the phone, I still see it as a mental reminder that I wanted to take care of whatever it was.