Sorry in advance ( Case Question )

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by z-hayden, Jul 6, 2009.

1. z-hayden macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I know there are many threads on this but please refrain from reeming me out. Ok so i just bought a 13" MBP and i have narrowed it down to two cases. I am between the Bodyguardz cover and the speck see thru satin. I have only one beef with the Bodyguardz and that is not knowing whether or not it fits PERFECTLY or not ( I am really picky about the seams that are seen on the keyboard part of the laptop) As for the speck the only problem I have with it is the weight and size that it might have. So that being said I would just like to know what one you would go with and would also love anyone with experience with either of these products to please share any thoughts. Thanks!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Go with BestSkinsEver, they will make you a custom cover (wrap) if you are that OCD, no I promise. Incase is always better then Speck, always.

3. z-hayden thread starter macrumors newbie

ya i looked over on that site too but didn't see any for the thirteen inch macbook or macbook pro, only the air. Am i wrong?

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Which site? Incase takes a tad bit longer to update, but their product is far superior to Specks in every manner.

5. z-hayden thread starter macrumors newbie

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

They will do custom skins. Just email them.

7. Pegasus665 macrumors member

Pegasus665

Is there any reason for this? Have to wait anyway for the hardcases for the new 13" MBP. If i get a skin, will the mac with the hardcase fit into it?

8. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

I used the InvisibleShield (http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-macbook-13-inch-3rd-gen-cases-covers-skins-shields.php) which is similar to the BodyGuardz AND the Speck SeeThru Satin at the same time, lol.

You can see the seams of the Invisible shield if you look hard but it fits quite well (custom made but $55 :(). It only really protects against scratches though. I figured the SeeThru Satin would protect against bumps a bit. However, it does add a (IMHO) considerable amount of weight to the laptop (almost 1lb) so I'm thinking of just giving it to my GF to use on her UMB 13" and just going it with the Invisible shield for my 13" MBP. With both the invisible shield and Speck SeeThru Satin on my MBP 13" is about the same weight as a 15" MBP, lol.