Sorry, it's another thread...keep or exchange?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iHeartsteve, Mar 27, 2012.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

This is already my second ipad3 and I really do not want to exchange but the tinted top screen is really annoying me bc it's tinted pink. I think I noticed it lessen and only appears sometimes which is odd and probably in my head lol.

My iPad has super fast charge time, I actually think its just as fast as my iPad 2! It also doesn't over heat like my first ipad3 and no dead pixels.

So should I keep or exchange? Do you believe in the 'glue will dry theory'?? Not sure if I believe that? Anyone, can you post more articles. Lol

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Why even ask, just return it like everyone else.

Hope you find one that makes you happy.

3. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Return it. Do not let apple get free Q/C from its customers.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Why is this post-worthy? What will you do if some people say keep it and some say return it? :)

Use it a few days. If there's no change, return it.

Not that different from what you do when you get home with a new shirt and find it doesn't fit right.

5. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

Here's a thought - make a decision that satisfies you instead of some faceless mook posting on a message board.

Just a thought.

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I will agree that you should return it. However, once you do think about holding off on immediately purchasing another. Let a month or two pass and then try again.

It may in fact be in your head and I think a break may help. If its an actual defect that only very sensitive people can see then perhaps in a few months newer iPads may have a variance where you won't be able to detect it.

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with my screen.

7. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Since we can't see it, show it to a friend and ask them if it looks okay.

8. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I'm getting tired of exchanging. But i think I won't be happy until my pink screen goes away. I see it every time I'm on this forum and every other white website. To me it's very noticeable.

My battery seriously charges just as fast as my ipad2 which is awesome. It also charges faster than my first ipad3 I had. So it's making it hard to let this one go. But I guess the pink screen annoys me more.

9. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

Return it... The next one may charge even faster..AND have a perfect screen

10. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Do you make all of your decisions based on what people tell you on a forum?

When Apple told you to think different, it didn't mean to stop thinking for yourself.

11. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

I say return it, otherwise it will drive you crazy until iPad 4 is released! :)

12. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Yes

13. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

No actually I don't. That's pretty big assumption you made about me w out even knowing me. Lol

There's many people asking the same question as to whether or not to keep their faulty iPad screens. So keep your comments yourself :p

----------

I decided to exchange mine. This pink hue is just really annoying. My last question is, since I'm doing an even exchange for the exact same model, will apple have to recharge my card again? Another $800 would suck and it takes them 3-5 days to refund

14. deeddawg macrumors 604

So you needed to open a new thread to ask the same question, why? :confused: There are many people who smoke cigarettes and eat grotesque amounts of unhealthy food-like substances. That other people do something doesn't make it a good idea...

On a warranty exchange I don't think they charge your card; that would likely only happen on a return/rebuy. I don't know for sure though; when I switched from an AT&T model to Verizon I specifically wanted to do a return/rebuy due to ShopDiscover 5% cashback for Apple.com. (will find out if it worked in a few weeks... :)

15. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Apple has relied on its customers as quality control since around 2007 (iPod touch inverted blacks, horrible horrible iPod Nano/Classic software), return it and exchange it.. why keep something you aren't happy with?

16. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

That's the whole point, isn't it. I know nothing about you except for what you've posted, so that's all I have to go on. If I DID know you, then maybe my reply would have been different.

Why should I keep my comments to myself on a DISCUSSION forum? If you don't want people making comments in reply to your posts, then maybe you should take your own advice and not post in the first place.