Sorry....newbie question - How do I rip a .cda file into my iTunes??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jeppsy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Jeppsy macrumors newbie

I can't seem to import a CD that a DJ made for me into either Media Player or iTunes.....when I explore the CD (I have Windows XP) it just has the file as a .cda file and I can't manage to copy it across to my PC at all.....any ideas?

Thanks guys!! :D

2. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

This is a mac forums... But anyways, it's probably a certain format of music that the DJ used and all you'll need is a codec.

3. UberMac macrumors 6502

Insert CD.

Open iTunes.

Click "Import" in iTunes whilst viewing the tracks on CD.

*wait*

*done*

(I'm on a mac, so I can't say that it's exactly like that...I'll post screenshots in a minute if you still need help)

Uber

4. Jeppsy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I did that but it took forever (longer than normal) so I left it while I went out and when I came back it crashed and closed iTunes.........:confused:

5. MacAnkka macrumors regular

You could try some other cd-ripping programs, if iTunes doesn't work. Something like FreeRIP.

I'd first try cleaning the disc first, if you haven't done so already, though. I've had iTunes crash on me while importing (even on a Mac :eek: ) if the disc was too dirty.

6. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

What OS did you say you're running? :rolleyes:

Maybe the Apple discussions on the apple site, with windows support for itunes might be more helpful than here. :)