Sorry Not Drinking the Kumbayah Koolaid

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cmbarclay, Jun 15, 2010.

1. cmbarclay macrumors member

I love Apple! Trust me I own everything they make.

But when you tout about how much time you spend on every detail and how much better our products are... I would think you could manage the details of ordering better.

You lose prototype phones, can't get it to work because it was the "wifi" and can't get the pre-order system up (forgot it's AT&T's fault).

I think it's time to put down my glass of Kumbayah Koolaid.

2. witmvpness6 macrumors member

Agreed, not to mention reps from within the same retailers are giving different answers. You think they would send out a memo and educate their employees on the process and everything.

3. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Literally everything Apple makes? Do you expect me to drink your Kumbayah Koolaid?:eek:

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

In what way?

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Maybe Steve is trying to get us back for the prototype fiasco?? Well it's working... :eek:

6. invisible777 macrumors member

Oh no! You mean to tell me Apple lost a prototype phone and got front page news coverage about it 2 months prior to launch? And then the pre-orders system failed on pre-orders day so they got tons of press on on tech sites and most of the news sites? The horror!

7. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

Well things happen and technology is not perfect like everything else. So unless it was created by the Divine Creator then it's subject to fail every once in a while.

And it's the expectation that people place on objects that disapoint them.

8. cmbarclay thread starter macrumors member

Sorry... you are right maybe not everything. I am probably not as old a lot of the people on the forums so I missed out on the early stuff from the 90's and early 2000's.

9. Macjames macrumors 6502a

I've got to ask, what the hell is koolaid? (apart from a drink obvisouly:D)

10. PhoneI macrumors 68000

I think everybody needs to calm down a bit. Yes, it took you awhile to order your new cellphone, but if that's the worst thing that happens to you today, then its a good day.

11. Nagooya macrumors 6502

Nagooya

Because everything is perfect and we live in a perfect world.

Are you serious?

This thread must be a joke. :rolleyes:

12. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Are you serious? Or do I misunderstand? You can Google "Drink the koolaid" and see the whole story. But it is a play on the Jonestown mass suicide when Jim Jones told his followers to "Drink the Koolaid" which was laced with cyanide. They all knew it was laced and did it anyway. Those that didn't were forced or shot. Some managed to run away. A US Congressman and his group were gunned down on the tarmac as they prepared to leave as well. So baiscally is means you will slavishly follow whatever order your are given right up to death.