Sorry Otterbox, I'm moving on.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Razeus, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Razeus macrumors 601

Since Otterbox flat out refuses to provide a Symmetry Case for my iPhone 6+, I'm going to have to go with another company.

I'm seeing them release cases Day 1 for phones just coming out, but after 5+ weeks of waiting, I'm going to have to go with Incipio or Tech21. I've never used another brand before. I always picked up an Otterbox Commuter or Symmetry with my phones and didn't even bother looking at another brand or case.

I'm usually brand loyal as long as you put out consistent, quality products, but I can't rock my iPhone (the slipperiest iPhone ever) bare anymore.

Incipio Dual Pro or Tech 21 Classic Tactical?

2. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Same situation with Speck Candyshell. They have released only ugly Inked! versions for 6 Plus and I'm tired of waiting.

3. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Incipio DualPro is a very nice case. I like the looks of that clear mesh tech21 case too but I don't think it's released for 6+ yet.

4. AE14 macrumors 65816

I am using the pelican protector as my go to case. Absolutely just as durable as the Otterbox and has the same warranty

5. dasbill macrumors newbie

Take a look at the incipio edge not he chrome. Its a great fitting case with a adequate lip.

6. Tekzilla macrumors regular

Tekzilla

Going by their Facebook page they are losing a lot of potential case sales right now. They won't give an estimated date or any kind of update whatsoever.

7. 55test55 macrumors 6502

This is so ridiculous for me too...get on it speck.

8. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

The first case I bought for my 6 was the Tech21 tactical. It is really well made, fits perfectly and offers, IMHO, excellent drop protection. Great case for the money!

9. LessO2 macrumors regular

They haven't answered a question on the Defender Q&A page on their own website in almost three weeks now.

10. hotdog4u macrumors member

i don't know where to go to now...maybe pelican voyager...but i know i can't open it or close...too hard.

11. sboychuck macrumors regular

I went with the Griffin Survivor All-Terrain. It provides very good protection and I need it. I am not happy about the way it make the screen look though. You think they could have used a better material that would not make the screen look horrible! The Griffin is my work day case and I will probably go naked on days off with a leather pouch with a magnetic closure. I have been loyal to Otterbox for sooo many years, but they really messed this one up. I wonder how much money they could have made over the past six weeks? Well, moving on for now.

12. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

This. All they say it's "coming soon", but it's been 5+ weeks. They have the regular 6 cases, but show the Plus no love. I like to make comments on their Facebook page, when they ask their dumb questions along the lines of "Yes, I usually do that, but without a Symmetry case for my 6 Plus, I won't be able to do that this time." or, "nice, too bad my 6 Plus still doesn't have a case, but that that new x phone as theirs day 1."

Snarky I know. But hey, it's their profits.

13. yubakram macrumors member

yubakram

14. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

Too bad only the Defender is available at the moment.

15. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

They are now selling Motorola Droid Turbo cases, yet still nothing for the 6 Plus. :mad:

16. LessO2 macrumors regular

I'm sure all three people who have bought the Droid Turbo will be ecstatic.

17. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I would guess you can blame Apple and their secrecy for that. Other manufacturers probably let major case makers know in advance what the dimensions of the product will be. No one even knew for sure that the Plus was going to be released until Apple's unveil. I highly doubt it's because Otterbox doesn't think there's serious money to be made in offeirng Plus cases.

I'm kind of happy for the delay. I'm a big OB fan and have had Defenders and an Armor in the past but after hearing all of the issues people have had with the Defender for their 6's, especially with the home button film ruining the finish on their phone, I'll be going with the Symmetry this time around.

18. koban4life macrumors newbie

lol same here...pelican is durable...just recently order defender plus...
    i'll probably make pelican as emergency case.

19. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

I randomly chose to go with octoarmor for my iphone, and I pretty pleased with it

20. Allograft macrumors regular

Has anyone found a waterproof case that doesn't destroy the audio quality? I have a waterproof case for an 5S, but audio quality suffers too greatly both ways to actually use it. Speakerphone works with the plug on the bottom of the Otterbox removed, but that defeats the purpose in the long run

21. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Black Symmetry for the Plus is up for sale this morning (no other colors currently available). Ordered mine. Be sure to use code OTTER10 for free shipping and 10% off.

22. PrimeTimeMKTO macrumors regular

Can confirm. Just got an email 10 minutes ago (8:20 CST) that the symmetry was available. Ordered mine with 2 day shipping just now. Hopefully it ships today or tomorrow and I'll have it by Friday. It's definitely the case I've been waiting for. I used otter box on the 4 when they first built the defender. Switched to the commuter when they came out with that, now the symmetry. I love the protection they offer, and I like the improvements they've made with this iteration.